M125x water separator

midTNguy

Equipment
Kubota M125x, Kubota 9540, Kubota M95x, Deere 333G Skid Steer, Vermeer chipper
Sep 30, 2022
Tennessee
The water separator on my M125x doesn't have a filter element in it. Is this a feature? Design flaw? Or, did someone remove it and fail to replace it? I got some crap in my fuel tank from a fill-up. The crap keeps clogging the little filter in the banjo bolt on the bottom of the primer pump. I'm having to clean it and blow out the line (back into the tank) until I get it all out (yes, I drained the tank). It seems crazy to me that the first stop for these particles from the tank is that banjo bolt. Most separators have a filter as well.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
That type separator has no element. Nothing's missing. It's not designed to filter anything, only to separate any water (or anything heavier than fuel).

midTNguy

Equipment
Kubota M125x, Kubota 9540, Kubota M95x, Deere 333G Skid Steer, Vermeer chipper
Sep 30, 2022
Tennessee
That type separator has no element. Nothing's missing. It's not designed to filter anything, only to separate any water (or anything heavier than fuel).
Thanks for confirming that. I think I’ll put an inline fuel filter in the line so that I don’t need to worry about that dinky filter in that banjo bolt getting clogged again.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
If you decide to go that way, don't use the metal type, get a plastic one with only a screen in it. That way you can see what's going through along with the fuel. The paper elements will clog quicker.

This is what I usually put in. I get them at NAPA for about half that price.