M 6060 Kabota after running this mower for approximately 30 minutes start To lose power

Farmer payne

Equipment
M6060 Kabota
Jun 14, 2021
West Virginia
After running tractor 30 minutes with a disk mower starts to lose power have had a tank off and cleaned I’ve checked all hoses are good I’ve had a water separator a part everything is clean after it gets good heart starts to shut down Starving for fuel open the cockpit on the bottom of the separator it will Backdraft actually suck bubbles up in the filter did not know if maybe the electric fuel pump is getting out after it gets hot or watt if someone can help me

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
See if taking the fuel cap off next time this happens - see if that will make ANY difference at all.

YOU change all fuel filters?

How many hours on machine?

Farmer payne

Equipment
M6060 Kabota
Jun 14, 2021
West Virginia
See if taking the fuel cap off next time this happens - see if that will make ANY difference at all.

YOU change all fuel filters?

How many hours on machine?
All filters have been changed tank been took off and clean all hoses been checked I’m just wondering if it may be the electric fuel pump

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
After running tractor 30 minutes with a disk mower starts to lose power have had a tank off and cleaned I’ve checked all hoses are good I’ve had a water separator a part everything is clean after it gets good heart starts to shut down Starving for fuel open the cockpit on the bottom of the separator it will Backdraft actually suck bubbles up in the filter did not know if maybe the electric fuel pump is getting out after it gets hot or watt if someone can help me
This sounds like a classic case of restricted fuel delivery. There is usually a strainer at the tank bottom that can clog with crud in the tank. Clogging can be caused by foreign material, bacterial sludge from water in the fuel, insects, and other debris. In can clog the tank strainer, the fuel lines, the filter head, the water separator head, as well as the filter itself. Take the line off just ahead of the injector pump (IP), hold a container under the end and crank the engine. Should have a big gush of fuel. If you don't, then work backward toward the tank until you find the restriction. Or start at the tank and work toward the IP.

Farmer payne

Equipment
M6060 Kabota
Jun 14, 2021
West Virginia
I have taken the tank completely off was not anything in the tank I checked all lines took the water separator a part no blockages will run fine for 30 minutes then just start losing power I have put bio fuel in the tractor This tractor only has 384 hours

Farmer payne

Equipment
M6060 Kabota
Jun 14, 2021
West Virginia
I have taken the tank completely off was not anything in the tank I checked all lines took the water separator a part no blockages will run fine for 30 minutes then just start losing power I have put bio fuel in the tractor This tractor only has 384 hours
Just wondering if it could be the electric fuel pump

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just wondering if it could be the electric fuel pump
Or if I was running bio fuel would that cause a problem
I don’t know about the bio fuel. But why not try a tank of standard fuel.

Aftermarket parts are pretty cheap. Might be worth trying a cheap replacement electric fuel pump. I am assuming something is available for your tractor.

Seems like aftermarket parts run about 20% of OEM price. I have a cheap amazon/eBay fuel cutoff solenoid that has worked flawlessly, and know someone that had good results with a relatively cheap non-OEM starter.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Regarding the use of bio-fuel, if you have been running straight #2 diesel, the bio can actually act like a detergent. if there is crud built up in the system, the biofuel tends to break it loose. Changing filters should have corrected this if that is the problem. My only experience with this happening resulted in two set of filter changes in just over 200 miles on my truck. After the fact was when I discovered this little gem of info. What was noticeable with the cartridge filter was a black coating covering the top of the cartridge. You may try pulling your filter and pouring the fuel into a container to see if there is any excessive sediment that comes out of the fuel.

Reactions: 1 user

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Are the hydraulics bypassing, causing the fluid to overheat? Would sound like a hiss.