LX3310/2610 Rear work lights

Tomsdiy

Equipment
LX3310
Nov 20, 2022
PA
I just picked up a used LX3310 a couple of months ago. I mainly bought it for clearing snow at my company's parking lot. That being said, most of the time, ill be working at night or early morning, so the more light, the better. I already had a nice set of Rigid Industry LEDs sitting around, so I figured I'd mount them up. I took a couple of quick measurements, put it into CAD, and cut out these brackets on my CNC plasma cutter. The right side was pretty straightforward. On the left, however, I wanted to mount a beacon. I used a 4" 1x1 square tube welded with a circle cut out that matches my beacon. I used 12g steel for the right side and 3/16 for the left side since it's carrying a little more weight.

As far as the wiring goes for the LED lights, Kubota already has the wiring provisions, so I cut off the ends and added my own weatherproof connectors. You will need a switch (TD350-75360); yes, it's $60. To connect the switch, you must remove the dash's plastic cover. Three screws are holding it on 2 of them will be at the bottom of each side; it's a 10mm bolt. Then the one that took me a minute to find was a Phillips screw in the center, right behind the steering wheel. Once those are removed, the dash lifts, and you will find the connector for your new switch taped in there. Connect it, and you're done.

If you're doing what I did with a beacon, you can go about it two ways. Once you can set your flash pattern then, cut the wires and wire it in with your rear work lights, or you can run a new wire that includes your Positive, Negative, and flash pattern selector. I found you can pop the plastic cover off the rear pillar. Remove all the screws from the front and back, and the piece will pop off. You will see a big factory wire. Do your best to follow that wire past the gear sector/PTO levers so as not to interfere with them. You can pull up the rubber floor to see that big factory wire. That will get you up into the dash area. Again try to find a path where the factor wires are so you don't interfere with your steering.

I hope this helps someone. Before I started, I looked for info on doing this and couldn't find anything. If anyone is interested in getting a set of brackets, I can certainly cut a few sets out.
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0584.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
Nice job on the install of lights, with photos. Pushing snow in reverse, with inadequate lighting has been a problem for me, maybe this year, I install some LED’s !!
Welcome to the forum!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Nice, clean install. Is that a heavy hitch on the rear or custom built?

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Do those lights interfere with radio signal?
I have the factory radio and a headset with radio and the lights I installed cause static on either.
I tried installing some ferrite filters, but no improvement.

I know cheap lights can cause this, but I thought the lights I have were of good quality.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There are some less expensive switches that do the same thing as the Kubota switch, and like the Kubota switch, they are manufactured by the same company (Carling). What Kubota charges $62.38 you can purchase from www.newwiremarine.com for $12.99 plus shipping. I haven't needed to buy any switches from then yet, since I have lots of spares from a boat panel that I picked up used. I purchased the circuit breakers from them for my tractor when I added the 3rd function valve. Circuit breakers that Kubota charges $47.06 for costing $5.00 from New Wire Marine. Same exact quality from the same manufacturer. The switches are Carling Contura II and you can buy the switch cover separately if you want something special on the face of it. If you are a purist, and only want the "Kubota" switch cover, it will cost you $24.09 from Kubota for the RED SWITCH COVER part # 70000-01220.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
Do those lights interfere with radio signal?
I have the factory radio and a headset with radio and the lights I installed cause static on either.
I tried installing some ferrite filters, but no improvement.

I know cheap lights can cause this, but I thought the lights I have were of good quality.
I am interested in the also.
Thinking of going to LED lights but don't want to cause interference with the radio.

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
There are some less expensive switches that do the same thing as the Kubota switch, and like the Kubota switch, they are manufactured by the same company (Carling). What Kubota charges $62.38 you can purchase from www.newwiremarine.com for $12.99 plus shipping. I haven't needed to buy any switches from then yet, since I have lots of spares from a boat panel that I picked up used. I purchased the circuit breakers from them for my tractor when I added the 3rd function valve. Circuit breakers that Kubota charges $47.06 for costing $5.00 from New Wire Marine. Same exact quality from the same manufacturer. The switches are Carling Contura II and you can buy the switch cover separately if you want something special on the face of it. If you are a purist, and only want the "Kubota" switch cover, it will cost you $24.09 from Kubota for the RED SWITCH COVER part # 70000-01220.
Same with led lights. Added some Harbor Freight 6” LEDs to my truck for back up lights. Very good looking, very good weather proof rating, bright and have been on a couple of years with no issues. Very inexpensive especially compared to the high end led lights.