LX2610 seat height

Lakeguy

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 24, 2023
Manitoba
1st post.😊 Just received my new LX 2610 from my dealer today. My 1st machine is a BX 2380 which I still currently have for about year and a half. Big difference for sure. I'm sure given some time I'll adjust to something new. My question: Is there some sort of mod that anyone has done to raise the driver seat up 1 1/2". I'm a fairly big guy, and with the different configuration of brake pedal and front/reverse pedal, pedals I almost feel a bit more cramped with my knees being bent more. The seat assembly looks like its held on with 4 bolts to the chassis. Any type of spacer I could have made and simply slip between seat mounting bracket and the chassis. Then change out those 4 bolts and put longer ones in? Thanks

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Easiest and quickest thing would be to cut some blocks out of a piece of hardwood and put in there with some longer bolts

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I have the same issue, in lieu of the raising the seat, I think I'm going with a dense foam pad so that when my wife drives the tractor, she's small, she can just remove the pad. There's a foam outlet not far from my house that sells dense foam that is about 6 inches thick that I think will work fine for me.

Lakeguy

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 24, 2023
Manitoba
Easiest and quickest thing would be to cut some blocks out of a piece of hardwood and put in there with some longer bolts
Thanks I took the seat off and will try a couple of 2x4". If that's helps I'll go grab 2 pieces of 2x3x10" 1/8" wall aluminum tube for a permanent solution.

Lakeguy

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 24, 2023
Manitoba
I have the same issue, in lieu of the raising the seat, I think I'm going with a dense foam pad so that when my wife drives the tractor, she's small, she can just remove the pad. There's a foam outlet not far from my house that sells dense foam that is about 6 inches thick that I think will work fine for me.
The seat comes off pretty easy, and the base that the seat assembly bolts on to is a perfect setup IMO for a 2" spacer