LX2601 - Float? finer loader adjustments?

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
There is float after the forward (down) detent, and there is another detent on the right (dump) to reach speed dump. They all have it.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
You just push the loader stick through the detent; you will feel the very mild pop followed by no resistance in the stick. On the float, you need to push through the detent quickly, or the loader will bottom out and lift the tractor's front wheels off the ground. Of course, you do do not want to enter float if the loader is high above the ground; it will fall to the ground quickly.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
You just push the loader stick through the detent; you will feel the very mild pop followed by no resistance in the stick. On the float, you need to push through the detent quickly, or the loader will bottom out and lift the tractor's front wheels off the ground. Of course, you do do not want to enter float if the loader is high above the ground; it will fall to the ground quickly.
Thanks...seems wacky, but I will try it tomorrow.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Yes, I'll say mine bottoms out very quickly - so quick I do not feel anything but the tractor going up in the air.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Yes, I'll say mine bottoms out very quickly - so quick I do not feel anything but the tractor going up in the air.
Today, I had a large outboard motor chained to the bucket and it just fell fast for no reason I could detect unless it was me sub-consciously from other days going thru the routine of snow dumping and dumping too fast. The outboard did not get hurt - thank God.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Lower the bucket to just above the ground, and push through quickly. With a little practice, you will be able to do it. Also, practice at idle speed with an empty bucket; it will make the FEL respond more slowly.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The loader controls takes a while to get use to if your not familiar with them. Limit the RPMs to around 1500 while your learning and practing making all motions in a slow and controlled manner. After a while, you will be able to routinely rest your bucket on a ping pong ball without crushing it.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
The loader controls takes a while to get use to if your not familiar with them. Limit the RPMs to around 1500 while your learning and practing making all motions in a slow and controlled manner. After a while, you will be able to routinely rest your bucket on a ping pong ball without crushing it.
Probably true, but if I paid for float I want to use it....

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Please explain what you want to use the float function for, what will you do in float function?

Perhaps you can get more direct feedback on that use.
I want to use it for snow in driveway and flat areas on my property I want to get rid of snow. I GOT IT TO WORK TODAY!!!!!!!!!! I noticed as it got broke in it worked nicer. I understand there is a speed dump? on the right of the stick that works similar? Not that I will need it.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I want to use it for snow in driveway and flat areas on my property I want to get rid of snow. I GOT IT TO WORK TODAY!!!!!!!!!! I noticed as it got broke in it worked nicer. I understand there is a speed dump? on the right of the stick that works similar? Not that I will need it.
Yup. Just push the stick hard right, you'll feel the click, and the bucket will dump very fast, obviously dependent on what/how much/how heavy it's filled with. It doesn't latch in Quick Dump like the Float function, though. You do have to hold it there. I guess the detent is just for tactile feedback. Pretty handy when moving dirt and you don't have to worry about the bucket hitting anything. You can actually use the float function for 'skimming' by controlling the bucket curl angle, albeit, I'm not quite the expert at that yet. My skimming looks more like rippling. Maybe it's because I've only tried it in places I shouldn't, namely undisturbed soil that's loaded with roots, rocks, debris.
:oops:
I can see where it would be very handy for snow removal on hardpack which would prevent the blade from hitting pavement.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
When using float, do not engage it before the bucket is on or very close to the ground. Otherwise what's ever at the end will slam down to the ground as you mentioned above.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I only use float for back dragging/smoothing things out. What specific things are you wanting to use the float function for? I'd like to learn.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Yup. Just push the stick hard right, you'll feel the click, and the bucket will dump very fast, obviously dependent on what/how much/how heavy it's filled with. It doesn't latch in Quick Dump like the Float function, though. You do have to hold it there. I guess the detent is just for tactile feedback. Pretty handy when moving dirt and you don't have to worry about the bucket hitting anything. You can actually use the float function for 'skimming' by controlling the bucket curl angle, albeit, I'm not quite the expert at that yet. My skimming looks more like rippling. Maybe it's because I've only tried it in places I shouldn't, namely undisturbed soil that's loaded with roots, rocks, debris.
:oops:
I can see where it would be very handy for snow removal on hardpack which would prevent the blade from hitting pavement.
Yes, think you are right about the snow pack. I have the edge tamers. Don't know if I will need them now that I know how to work the float? Before I was digging in too much and I do not understand the mechanical bucket positioner or whatever you call it...

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The edge tamers will still be helpful so you don't dig into the ground even when using the float function.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Not that You have one, but on a front mount snowblower, the speed dump function is what you have to use to rotate the chute to the right. If you don’t go past the detent, it will not rotate the chute until you do. I had to learn this when I thought my snowblower wasn’t doing what I thought it should do when I first got it.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Not that You have one, but on a front mount snowblower, the speed dump function is what you have to use to rotate the chute to the right. If you don’t go past the detent, it will not rotate the chute until you do. I had to learn this when I thought my snowblower wasn’t doing what I thought it should do when I first got it.
The detent was tricky at first. I did not realize that you that you had to detent out of the detent and with my newbie lack of experience thought it was dententing into the up position and was stuck. Worked it out and now I feel like a pro.