Lx 2610 comparisons

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
I am currently looking at the Lx 2610. I am deciding between this and the Mahindra Max 26 xlt. I will be mowing approx. 3 acres of lawn, snow blowing, firewood, and doing some FEL work. I am looking at the R14 tires.

The highlights for me in the Kubota are: 3 spd hydro vs the Mahindra 2 spd. The R14 tires are available and the Mahindra only has R4. The Kubota Mid PTO is separated from the 3pth as the Mahindra they are linked so when using the 3 pth the mid mower will go up and down as well.

The Mahindra shows a better FEL lift capacity and is several thousand cheaper. I am concerned that I will be disappointed in FEL lift capacity of the Kubota. However, I have heard the medium gear in the Kubota is very useful.

Any input would be helpful. I am looking to buy soon. Also has anyone mowed a lawn (not a field) with a tractor this size? I am currently using a 52" husky with a fab deck. I am not looking for speed necessarily, so I wouldn't want to change for a zero turn. I have a use for the tractor and accessories. Oh, Kubota also offers better financing.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
dealers - what is the reputation of the dealers on both sides of this coin in your area?
Based on your area - you have 6 Kubota dealers and 2 Mahindra dealers.

Personally I would sit on both - and use both, notice how the FEL moves.... How the seat "fits" you...
all the little things add up.

I really would not let bottom dollar drive your decision....... in other words - if the K is a thousand more in the - is that worth what it does? Better layout, ease of operation, 3 range .....

(looking at prices - the Kubota is a smidge cheaper HST vs HST...... dealer cost may be different however.

the financing alone might be as large of a choice as getting the 3 range tranny.

Our opinions will be skewed just a wee little bit btw ;)

Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I would not even consider the option. The Mahindra is like getting on a 20 year old Kubota. Have you had a chance to test each of them yet? This size Kubota is just finesse IMO. The parts and dealer network would be a big issue as well. Then resale or trade-in if that is ever needed in the future. The Kubota will easily give you back that "several thousand" on the back end.

The FEL on the Kubota is a true rating. I have a B2650 (the old version of the LX2610), using the 60" Light Materials bucket you can get easy full buckets all the time. You can see a lot of actual examples/tests on Messicks YouTube channel as well as others.

I can say, you will love the Kubota and never regret purchasing it if that is the size machine you need for the job you have.

Kubota Tractor - Made by Kubota in Georgia
Kubota Motor - Made by Kubota in Illinois

Mahindra is primarily made in India and China. The motors are made by a lot of companies.

And lastly, you will fit in much better here owning a Kubota :).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
The Kubota Mid PTO is separated from the 3pth as the Mahindra they are linked so when using the 3 pth the mid mower will go up and down as well.
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the mid mount mower lift on the Kubota runs off the 3 point? That means when you use 3 point you are moving the deck too, unless you pin it up. Again, I could be wrong on that?

Either way, in my opinion, I rarely would use the 3 point with the mower deck on anyways. The mower deck is big and low to the ground, not good for any type work that isn’t on your lawn (which at that point, if you’re on your lawn, who cares if the deck goes up and down with the 3 point).

I’ve always heard that Mahindra isn’t as well refined as Kubota or JD, but I can’t attest to that personally.

Just make sure whatever you buy does 95% of the things you need it to do (you mentioned FEL capacity).

Reactions: 1 user

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
I have considered most of this. The dealer network is much better for me with Kubota.
I am not worried about the money if I can justify it. I only want to buy once. I will have to check on the 3 pth and mid pto work.
I plan to try them out this week I am definitely leaning Kubota.
Thanks for all the help.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the mid mount mower lift on the Kubota runs off the 3 point? That means when you use 3 point you are moving the deck too, unless you pin it up. Again, I could be wrong on that?

Either way, in my opinion, I rarely would use the 3 point with the mower deck on anyways. The mower deck is big and low to the ground, not good for any type work that isn’t on your lawn (which at that point, if you’re on your lawn, who cares if the deck goes up and down with the 3 point).

I’ve always heard that Mahindra isn’t as well refined as Kubota or JD, but I can’t attest to that personally.

Just make sure whatever you buy does 95% of the things you need it to do (you mentioned FEL capacity).
Agreed regarding 3 point and MMM. MMM is lifted by 3 point hitch and moves accordingly unless pinned up.

OP's comment is confusing.

SDT

Anvil HB

Equipment
B2630 LX2610
Jul 29, 2020
Ocala Fl.
I Have a 2005 B2650 that has the 60" MM Mower, and I mow just over 3ac. ...It has been and still is a great mower. You can pin the mower deck up ( 2 pins ) and use just the 3 PT as needed.. We did not get the FEL with this unit, Some one said ( She ) we will not need it. Things change and ( She ) is going to redo all of the front yard.. Ok order the FEL ....they still have everything we need for it. Yep they did until June, Kubota had shut down two times and nothing was coming to the Dealers. And she was ready to Move Dirt on our time, here we are at July and she is Mad... She knows what she wants when she wants it ( and the money to back it up ). Dealer has had a LX2610 sitting in the shop all this time. Ten minutes it was hers, just change out the tires and I will loader on our trl. The LX2610 seat is very nice. She has what she needs her yard is done....my back is killing me. How does it mow ? I have no idea as I am still using the B2630 But you can pin up the mower deck on the LX2610 also ( 2 pins )

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You gotta love the "She's" in the world!

IF "SHE" ain't happy ........ a will betcha "HE" ain't happy either!!!!

DOES "she" let you play with the LX? I hope SHE does! ;)

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
I Have a 2005 B2650 that has the 60" MM Mower, and I mow just over 3ac. ...It has been and still is a great mower. You can pin the mower deck up ( 2 pins ) and use just the 3 PT as needed.. We did not get the FEL with this unit, Some one said ( She ) we will not need it. Things change and ( She ) is going to redo all of the front yard.. Ok order the FEL ....they still have everything we need for it. Yep they did until June, Kubota had shut down two times and nothing was coming to the Dealers. And she was ready to Move Dirt on our time, here we are at July and she is Mad... She knows what she wants when she wants it ( and the money to back it up ). Dealer has had a LX2610 sitting in the shop all this time. Ten minutes it was hers, just change out the tires and I will loader on our trl. The LX2610 seat is very nice. She has what she needs her yard is done....my back is killing me. How does it mow ? I have no idea as I am still using the B2630 But you can pin up the mower deck on the LX2610 also ( 2 pins )
Awesome and thanks for the reply. Does the LX2610 have a good lift capacity (real world)?

I have basically made up my mind but I try to be thorough when spending this kind of money. My “she” is also on board with buying.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The Kubota rating tends to be more conservative than the Mahindra by many accounts. Ultimately the question is whether it can lift what you need, not whether it meets some arbitrary number that may or may not be fiddled to get a headline. It definitely will lift a full bucket. The question is whether you have things you need to lift on forks that have a specific weight - if so, then try lifting that thing with it to see if it works.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
The existence of this forum alone would steer me toward the Kubota. Very knowledgeable and helpful people available 24/7 for free. Are you kidding? If you need advice these folks will save your ass. (tough guy talk, I like that!)

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
The Kubota rating tends to be more conservative than the Mahindra by many accounts. Ultimately the question is whether it can lift what you need, not whether it meets some arbitrary number that may or may not be fiddled to get a headline. It definitely will lift a full bucket. The question is whether you have things you need to lift on forks that have a specific weight - if so, then try lifting that thing with it to see if it works.
Nothing specific that I lift. I just don’t want it to be weak. I have been told JD is weak in lifting capacity. I have to assume Kubota is decent because I have not heard anything negative. Good point about the numbers though. Thank you.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Nothing specific that I lift. I just don’t want it to be weak. I have been told JD is weak in lifting capacity. I have to assume Kubota is decent because I have not heard anything negative. Good point about the numbers though. Thank you.
I'd have to go searching, but I'm pretty sure there are some clear statements out there (maybe one from Messicks?) that points out the Mahindra numbers are measured in a somewhat optimistic way. I can't recall if that was because they don't measure at full height (the Kubota lifts nearly twice as much to waist high as it lifts to full height), or they are measuring at the pins instead of bucket centre (that's worth 30% or so I think). Bottom line as I recollect it is that the Kubota number is a genuine real world number of a weight you could put in the bucket and lift to maximum height, then dump. The Mahindra number I believe doesn't meet that standard. I think I recall that apples for apples (on same measurement methodology) they lift pretty similar. Having said that, I'd go find those you tube videos or posts to check for yourself, as that's just my memory not a fact.

2020LX2610

Equipment
2020 LX2610
Oct 27, 2020
c0b1m0
I mow about 5 acres of lawn and was worried that it would tear up or be hard to see while cutting in a cab but got 15hrs in the last couple weeks and couldnt be happier. I tossed between the R14s and the I4s and ended up going with the I4s because I was scared the 14s would tear up the yard.... The LX2610 has a lot of power too.. I was terrified it was too big a tractor for that HP.

Attachments

Tucker88

Equipment
Kubota Lx
Oct 27, 2020
NH
I mow about 5 acres of lawn and was worried that it would tear up or be hard to see while cutting in a cab but got 15hrs in the last couple weeks and couldnt be happier. I tossed between the R14s and the I4s and ended up going with the I4s because I was scared the 14s would tear up the yard.... The LX2610 has a lot of power too.. I was terrified it was too big a tractor for that HP.
Thank you. I am settled I think on this. I am going with the R14 when I do. I’m glad to hear it has the power you say. It’s so new there’s not a ton of comparisons. I feel confident that it will do everything I need and I support American companies so there is that.
Thanks everyone for the input. This will be a good group once I become a Kubota owner