Love expressed by animals

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It is more than 50 years since I last saw my childhood friend Mitsy.

She joined the family when I was around 6 or 7, and was still there when I got married and was living abroad.

I can't forget how much affection she showed if we went somewhere and came back at the end of the day. Jumping up on us, and making sounds to tell us she missed us.

As a Star Trek fan, I can only accept that animals are sentient beings.

I still eat hamburgers and steak though...

Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I have cats like that. We have a new addition, he was born outside in a corn field and visited looking for food. We fed him and a bunch of others, but he was the only one who was friendly and would come right up to us, and let us touch him, but would scurry away quickly. We caged him and got him fixed on the TNR and let him go. After a few weeks he got more and more friendly and as a test I let him in.
He found a spot and laid down, let us pet him, used the litter box, and over a few weeks let us pick him up. Now he comes running in the morning when we leave the bedroom to say good morning, lays on my lap at night when I watch TV, plays with our other cat.

He was once a Feral cat, but you couldn't see that in him now if you tried. He is on my bed right now and when I walk past he rolls on his back and stretches and looks at me saying rub my belly. I taught him how to take treats from my fingers without biting and does a prairie dog too.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
working long hours now, high stress, just want to go home and relax, but cannot even get in the door without having psycho dog jump on me wanting to play ball. I get it though, no matter how tired or angry I am, we go out and play together. It's a lot like.....parenthood. Except dogs love you no matter what, lol

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We have a shelter rescue feral cat that acts same as described by ACDII after a few months of acclimating to people. We sort of inherited him from our son who was working from home in a small apartment and couldn’t deal with a half crazed feral cat while working. We weren’t too thrilled with it at first. Now I think it’s a good thing. Makes us stop the busy, busy daily grind at least for a little while every day just to play or sit with the cat.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Sitting in the recliner just dealing with random thoughts from the unexpected loss of a family member a week ago and our dog hops up in the chair and stretches out and lays her head on my leg. These animals know when you have a heavy heart and will give their love without question.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
This is all true of all critters. When the kid was getting her degree in equestrian studies, the collage had things set up for disabled children to ride for a bit of time. She took me over on one visit, and kids that came in ,in wheel chairs all slumped over and non communitive. And I watched one horse, a big gilding walk over and nuzzle a little girl that her mother had her dressed in riding togs, and this little girl came alive right before my eyes. She reached up and petted his nose and he laid his head so softly on her shoulder. Her eyes lit up and she smiled. They got her on him and walked around for about half an hour, the trainer holding her in the saddle, and to be honest I doubt that big boy would have let her fall off. And when the ride was over, and put back in the wheel chair, you could watch her just slump back down and the sparkle just went out of her eyes.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think this says it all.

Resized_20210220_080714.jpeg
20211207_193356.jpg

Every dog we've had has had a distinctive personality. From a vindictive little turd that would poop in someone's slippers or shoes if he didn't like them. To sweet and loveable companion.

Our current dog Gypsy is very loveable. And goes out of her way to pick up someone's spirits. She also can get pretty demanding for a butt rub. To a world class baby sitter for the grandkids 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

We've also had dogs that will tell on the kids when they are doing something they shouldn't be 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Reactions: 4 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Dogs are better than people.

Reactions: 9 users

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog... He will be yours, faithful and true."

The more you get to know people, the more you love your dog or dogs as the case maybe.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Says a lot about relationships:

Missing hiker's body found in LA park with dog by his side

LOS ANGELES -- A hiker who went missing two weeks ago was found dead in Griffith Park with his dog by his side, authorities said.

Oscar Alejandro Hernandez, 29, was reported missing on March 16. His body was found Thursday night in a remote area of the sprawling urban park. His dog, King, was alive but emaciated.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

DevilDog

Equipment
L3540 HST3, 72" Woods Rear Finishing Mower, L3584" Land Pride BB, 72" York Rake,
Feb 1, 2011
upstate N.Y.
I agree 100%! I've had doggie family members for a long long time and each has had it's own personality but the thing is all were compleatley loyal and my best friends!

"He is your friend,your partner your defender, your dog.you are his life, his love and his leader.He will be yours faithfuland true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Unknown author
WBYH6633.JPG

DevilDog

Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I recently did a sawmilling job and this ugly mutt made every step that my customer made.
IMG_2063.JPG

The funny thing was that it is not his dog, it's the neighbor's but when he walks out side here she comes and sticks with him like glue. Her ears are naturally laid back giving her the loneliest look ever.

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I agree 100%! I've had doggie family members for a long long time and each has had it's own personality but the thing is all were compleatley loyal and my best friends!

"He is your friend,your partner your defender, your dog.you are his life, his love and his leader.He will be yours faithfuland true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Unknown author View attachment 77648

DevilDog
Is that a Malinois?

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Dogs are better than people.
Agreed. That’s why most don’t deserve them.

For those that prefer cats but like dogs, get a Siamese. Ours always acted like dogs with leash walking, sentry duty (would growl) and just wanting to be with you permanently. Abby’s are fun too.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Oh Yes, 4 years young, Echo Tango Charley, We call her Ekky.
DevilDog
Handsome! I've got 2 Tervs and had a Groenendale until recently. That darned old age thing. This breed lives to 15 plus or minus. I'd like a Mal, but most have an energy level too high for me these days.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Handsome! I've got 2 Tervs and had a Groenendale until recently. That darned old age thing. This breed lives to 15 plus or minus. I'd like a Mal, but most have an energy level too high for me these days.
I think that is why I decided I would never have a dog again...loss would be the same as losing a human loved one for me...We had some geese, and a neighbors dogs killed them. It was traumatic for the wife, but somehow not for me. Go figure...