Lost hitch pin yesterday

bronc71

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 25, 2021
North Idaho
Yesterday while using the grapple on my BX25d i noticed that i lost the pin 020 on one side and both pin snapper 030 on both sides. Ordered new parts but ive always worried about the dirt stripping out the spring pin snapper.
i want to come up with a better solution of 030. Still keep it toolless to remove. But other than a bolt and locknut. Any suggestions? OK, i was using the grapple as a bulldozer to push dirt back into hole after removing the stump. Or maybe when i was stripping dead branches off trees? It was on the tractor, and i was in the seat, thats why.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It looks like a 'PTO pin' to me......
some made in China ones are better than other Made in China ones.....
some come with 'retaining chains + clip' to fasten TO the implement...though paracord works well

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It looks like a 'PTO pin' to me......
some made in China ones are better than other Made in China ones.....
some come with 'retaining chains + clip' to fasten TO the implement...though paracord works well

Jay beat me too it ...... place a wire or a chain to keep it around.

I got smart a few years back ..... rather than replace the ONE I lost ..... I buy about 6 at a time ..... now where DID I place those other 5?????

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
That happened to me with my Ripper. Went to Harbor Freight and bought a whole tray with an assortment of sizes. Ordered an extra Pin for the Quick Attach. You don't want to be caught with your pants down.