Loss Of Power

OSIAS

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST / LA525 / BK976 / 6FT Box Blade & Brush Hog
Sep 11, 2021
Mo
Its got 350 Hours and is roughly 3-4 Season old. I have seen this cap vent issue before on other machinery I will confirm rule it in or out next test run.

I can also take a laser temp of the hoses I will wait till its fully heated and has power loss to do so.

OSIAS

Equipment
Sep 11, 2021
Mo
To Update this is only one one test.

Fuel filter cap - I waited till the tractor was good and hot and bogging down with loss of power. Found a Nice straight and level patch with only maybe 12 inch grass. Turned it off and back on with the fuel cap off and attempted to mow, it did not affect power loss. ( I don't think its the fuel filter cap being clogged ) But I will attempt again and or clean the cap.

This tractor has two radiators

Small Silver Radiator more towards the front - Looking at it from the front
right port rubber hose = 121
Right port Metal radiator = 128
Left port rubber hose = 119
left port metal radiator = 122

Big radiator behind the silver
Top rubber port = 185
Bottom rubber port = 145

Just FYI it heated up pretty fast today in the sun and the heat took only 20-25 mins today and it was bogging after that.

What else can i look at?

OSIAS

Equipment
Sep 11, 2021
Mo
Just to provide resolution. I gave up trying to fix this and had a mechanic come out and triage it. He said everything I did was great and did some testing on it himself.

He was of the opinion my fuel pump was going bad. He replaced it and ...... Viola problem solved even have a bit more power than I did before. It has been solved for 2 weeks now no issues.

Just to provide the next person in line with more knowledge. GL

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Just to provide resolution. I gave up trying to fix this and had a mechanic come out and triage it. He said everything I did was great and did some testing on it himself.

He was of the opinion my fuel pump was going bad. He replaced it and ...... Viola problem solved even have a bit more power than I did before. It has been solved for 2 weeks now no issues.

Just to provide the next person in line with more knowledge. GL
Thanks for the feedback. Just might help somebody else!