Losing fuel prime

sclord2002

Equipment
b7200
Aug 1, 2009
greenville,sc usa
My B7200 loses fuel prime overnight...Bleed system to start it and it runs great and restarts fine but next day it has to be blead again. Can not detect any leaks in system. Any tips/tricks/ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
I'm not familiar with how the fuel pump on that tractor, so it may be an issue in the pump. I think I'd go through the system and check/tighten each connection just to make sure there isn't some tiny leak of air into the system.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
My B7200 loses fuel prime overnight...Bleed system to start it and it runs great and restarts fine but next day it has to be blead again. Can not detect any leaks in system. Any tips/tricks/ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I pressurize my fuel tank with shop air starting in 5 psi increments up 30 psi coating the lines, connections and pumps ( lift and HP injection ) with leak check ( a soap solution ) and go hunting. Where you see the bubbles is where you are loosing your prime. Don't rule injectors out unless you have a natually aspirated engine. After the six incremental increases and if not found I'd pull the injectors and have them pop tested against factory specs at a fuel shop. The are a lot of mechanics that disagree with this practice but you wouldn't believe how many times I've found the leaking source and saved time and money. ;)

Last edited: