Looking for MX-series grill guard

Broken-n-Smokin'

Jan 25, 2021
Colorado
Hey everyone -

Been working my BX2350 a little too hard, finally decided to upgrade. I got a great deal on a new MX5400, and I'd like to try and protect it from tree branches. I see pictures of the MX-series tractors for sale with a grille guard, and even the Kubota brochure shows one on their tractors, but I can't seem to find any info on buying them.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
-Tim

MX6000

Equipment
MX6000 Cab, Wicked Grapple, Box Blade, Forks, Rotary Cutter, Rake, Tiller, etc.
May 15, 2020
Colfax, N.C.
Check out Dawson Harris on Facebook....He makes and sells this one. He makes them for the MX5400 as well.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Brian H

Equipment
MX5200HST, MTL RK5 Gr, Ford 850, King Kutter brush hog, rototiller, blade, disk.
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
Dawson x2. Got one on my mx5200.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Wish he had some other way than Facebook to get in contact with. I don't have a Facebook account and refuse to get one.

Reactions: 2 users

Broken-n-Smokin'

Jan 25, 2021
Colorado
Wish he had some other way than Facebook to get in contact with. I don't have a Facebook account and refuse to get one.

Thanks gentlemen.

Bmyers - I just shot him a message on Facebook and asked about the L3560 guard for you. He said he's finishing up the design on that one, but not quite ready yet

-Tim

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Thanks gentlemen.

Bmyers - I just shot him a message on Facebook and asked about the L3560 guard for you. He said he's finishing up the design on that one, but not quite ready yet

-Tim
Thank you!

Broken-n-Smokin'

Jan 25, 2021
Colorado
Hey everyone - Dawson gave me his email address, but I won't post it publicly unless he tells me I can.

He is signing up for an account on here so he can reply directly to everyone. But for now, shoot me a private message, and I'll get the email for you.

Mobile4040

Equipment
MX5800, Wicked Tooth Bar, Forks, BushHog, Land Leveler
Jan 29, 2021
N. Mississippi
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the shout out...Yes iv been making lots of these bumpers for the MX tractors.. Feel free to send me a message. I don't advertise anything. 100% has been word of mouth. Send me a message, we can email, or figure something out.

Dawson Harris

Reactions: 4 users

BA76

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400 Tractor, RB3784 Rear Blade, RCF2072 Brush Mower, FDR1672 Finish Mower
Dec 21, 2020
Illinois
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the shout out...Yes iv been making lots of these bumpers for the MX tractors.. Feel free to send me a message. I don't advertise anything. 100% has been word of mouth. Send me a message, we can email, or figure something out.

Dawson Harris
Hey Guys,

Dawson Harris
Morning Dawson. I think I sent you message....lol!

Broken-n-Smokin'

Jan 25, 2021
Colorado
Hello smokin,
Are you looking for the factory guard itself or a guard to mount to the factory guard? If you are looking for the factory guard here are the Kubota numbers in the last photo. The others are of guards I make if you are interested in them. 1/8" steel, laser cut and a 2 stage powder coating process.

Thanks Superjet - Yeah, I was just looking for the plain old factory guard. Although I do like that cover you've got, very nice. The circle and star are actually the badge from my old military unit (only mine was red), so I'm tempted to get one and custom paint it. But for now I just need to keep the tree branches from scratching up my pretty new tractor.

Jim Cox

Equipment
MX6000
Apr 19, 2021
Taylors SC
Hey Guys,

Dawson Harris
Dawson
I just bought an Kubota MX 6000 and I am interested in getting a Grill Guard like the one you made and is posted
Can you give me a cost with shipping and How I can order/Pay for one

also:
Does it come with misc: hardware
is it painted ?

Reactions: 1 users

Mobile4040

Equipment
MX5800, Wicked Tooth Bar, Forks, BushHog, Land Leveler
Jan 29, 2021
N. Mississippi
Dawson
I just bought an Kubota MX 6000 and I am interested in getting a Grill Guard like the one you made and is posted

also:
is it painted ?
Hey buddy, Yes sir we can do it.
If you have Facebook Messenger you can contact me there.
Or just send me a good contact for you.
I don't typically include hardware, Its just any common 5/16 bolts.

Jim Cox

Equipment
MX6000
Apr 19, 2021
Taylors SC
Check out Dawson Harris on Facebook....He makes and sells this one. He makes them for the MX5400 as well.
Dawson

also:
is it painted ?
Could not find you
Hey buddy, Yes sir we can do it.
If you have Facebook Messenger you can contact me there.
Or just send me a good contact for you.
I don't typically include hardware, Its just any common 5/16 bolts.
my email is jfcox@walkerwhiteside.com

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
Hi, Dawson,

Gerald here (north-central Arkansas) and I'm just short of taking delivery of a Kubota cab model MX5400. One of my principal uses for the tractor will be to clear and clean up my heavily forested wooded acreages of cedar treetops, whole cedar trees of all sizes, undergrowth, and brush piles. That puts me on the trail of a good way to compensate for the poor excuse that Kubota calls a grill guard. I understand you are building and selling a solution to the problem. Can you confirm my understanding, give me a link to a picture, tell me what the availability would be and pass along what the tax-exempt delivered cost to me at 72687 would be.

I have the equipment, time, ability, and tools to build one myself, but my present circumstances do not favor that approach.

I do not get around to checking Orange Tractor Talks routinely, so a direct contact would work better for me. I can be reached directly through hotmail as gvg650 or voice/txt at 8 seven-zero--six eight eight-zero-9-six-9.