Looking for Grille for B2710

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
Need a grille for the B2710 . Black screen and plastic I think. Wanting to find one as a replacement part . Also appreciate any sources for one. New prices appear to be ridiculous.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Check out the scrap yards. Same grill is on a large number of tractors... My B2410 and 7510s use the same assembly or so darned close to the same one that you could get away with using it.

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
Check out the scrap yards. Same grill is on a large number of tractors... My B2410 and 7510s use the same assembly or so darned close to the same one that you could get away with using it.
Yes, I have contacted quite a few salvage yards and so far found no grilles that might work. I had one pitiful attempt at a scam [which originated via Tractor by Net] -- tried to get me to send PayPal money in a mode where they get paid no matter whether we get the grille or not. It became a so transparent and childish attempted theft it was silly. At one point I asked for their street address to send payment to, that was a fake address, etc. etc. I offered to just go to their location and pick up the item and pay them cash when I picked it up... oh no that wouldn't work.
Anyway, we are still looking.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes, I have contacted quite a few salvage yards and so far found no grilles that might work. I had one pitiful attempt at a scam [which originated via Tractor by Net] -- tried to get me to send PayPal money in a mode where they get paid no matter whether we get the grille or not. It became a so transparent and childish attempted theft it was silly. At one point I asked for their street address to send payment to, that was a fake address, etc. etc. I offered to just go to their location and pick up the item and pay them cash when I picked it up... oh no that wouldn't work.
Anyway, we are still looking.
Nice looking little tractor!
If you expect to find a grille, it seems somewhat obvious that it will be necessary to pay the OEM price!
You will likely be "looking" until/unless you eventually decide to bite the bullet.

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
Nice looking little tractor!
If you expect to find a grille, it seems somewhat obvious that it will be necessary to pay the OEM price!
You will likely be "looking" until/unless you eventually decide to bite the bullet.
You are probably right but $247 seems over the top to me. We will look for a while. I'm the old dude and the tractor is my son-in-law's new toy. If I had better fabrication means I'd make one !

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You are probably right but $247 seems over the top to me. We will look for a while. I'm the old dude and the tractor is my son-in-law's new toy. If I had better fabrication means I'd make one !
I am a REALLY old dude (82 next month)
Looking "for a while" is going to be a Looooong while!
If a used grille were to become available, it would likely be of scrap quality anyway, from a 20 yr. old tractor.

I just bought a new Kubota K7873A 16" bucket for my 2006 Kubota L48 TLB......$1428.....absolutely CRAZY!
I looked for 12 months......no used one available!

While I fiddled, price went up from $1100 to $1428.
Consider yourself lucky if you can even find a new grill available at $247!

Last edited:

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
I have a used one that I replaced several years ago. From a B7800HSD...I think they are the same. I will take a few pics and let u decide. I know it needs some tlc. I will take a couple of pics and let u decide. I was always going to have a friend do some plastic welding....but that never happened.

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
I have a used one that I replaced several years ago. From a B7800HSD...I think they are the same. I will take a few pics and let u decide. I know it needs some tlc. I will take a couple of pics and let u decide. I was always going to have a friend do some plastic welding....but that never happened.
I would appreciate that. I don't know how to figure out if it will fit the B2710 or not. Not too worried about it being free of blemishes as we can probably spruce it up one way or the other. Besides the superhelpful pictures see if you can get a depth, height and width measurement. Thanks.

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
You still there red35X ?
Still here...out of town for several days. Here is the grill pics. It fits B2710, B2910, B7800 and B3200. With a little plastic welding, it can be made very usable. I also have a hood and the console (right behind the hood) for same.

Attachments

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
Still here...out of town for several days. Here is the grill pics. It fits B2710, B2910, B7800 and B3200. With a little plastic welding, it can be made very usable. I also have a hood and the console (right behind the hood) for same.
u still there rymerbill???

rymerbill

Equipment
B2150, BX2200
Aug 31, 2015
Lexington Park
u still there rymerbill???
Yes sir, still here. I thought I had sent you a note saying that the grille is for my son-in-law's Kubota he just bought. I gave him all the info and he has just been covered up with work -- trying to maintain a couple dozen school buses and said he just has not gotten to it.

Reactions: 1 user