Looking for a HST for a 2003 Kubota bx2200d. Part number k2561-14002

ccwarnock

Equipment
2003 Bx2200d
Jun 23, 2022
Savannah Ga
I am looking for a used HST Assembly for my 03 bx2200. During reassembly after fixing a mid-pto problem I made a bonehead move and broke the front case of the HST. I really only need the case so if you have a HST that is bad, as long as the front case is good it will get me going.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Sgmilazzo1

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 21, 2022
virginia
Were you able to find a hst assembly. I too am having mid-pto problems with my bx2200. Wont stay engaged in detent. And the transaxle is leaking fluid. Think the previous owner allowed water to get into the transaxle. So i think I am in the market for a rebuilt or good functions pto/hst. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

ccwarnock

Equipment
2003 Bx2200d
Jun 23, 2022
Savannah Ga
Were you able to find a hst assembly. I too am having mid-pto problems with my bx2200. Wont stay engaged in detent. And the transaxle is leaking fluid. Think the previous owner allowed water to get into the transaxle. So i think I am in the market for a rebuilt or good functions pto/hst. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks,
Rick
I was unable to locate a used HST I ended up buying one from Messicks https://www.messicks.com/part/k2561-14002/hst-assy

My issue was a worn pto select arm which was slipping past rather than pushing the selector gear, see pictures. I was able to build the select arm up with weld material and grind it back into its original shape. Removing the select arm requires removing the HST and front transaxle cover and most of the gears and shafts inside. It was not a fun project.

Here is the parts manual from Kubota https://kpad.kubota.com/books/1738

(You may know this next part already but if not maybe it will help)

The three holes on the select arm are where a bearing ball engages giving you the three detent positions. This ball is held into the case by a bolt and spring. The ball bearing is removable. The bolt is located on the left hand side of the case just behind where the select arm goes through the case (see schematic picture). I would check to see if the ball is still in its proper place. during reassembly my select arm got tweaked and allowed the ball to fall into the case.

Also, if the leak is coming from the axle seals they are removable without pulling the case out of the tractor. should be able to slide the seal back and remove a snap ring and axle should come out.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Attachments

Sgmilazzo1

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 21, 2022
virginia
I was unable to locate a used HST I ended up buying one from Messicks https://www.messicks.com/part/k2561-14002/hst-assy

My issue was a worn pto select arm which was slipping past rather than pushing the selector gear, see pictures. I was able to build the select arm up with weld material and grind it back into its original shape. Removing the select arm requires removing the HST and front transaxle cover and most of the gears and shafts inside. It was not a fun project.

Here is the parts manual from Kubota https://kpad.kubota.com/books/1738

(You may know this next part already but if not maybe it will help)

The three holes on the select arm are where a bearing ball engages giving you the three detent positions. This ball is held into the case by a bolt and spring. The ball bearing is removable. The bolt is located on the left hand side of the case just behind where the select arm goes through the case (see schematic picture). I would check to see if the ball is still in its proper place. during reassembly my select arm got tweaked and allowed the ball to fall into the case.

Also, if the leak is coming from the axle seals they are removable without pulling the case out of the tractor. should be able to slide the seal back and remove a snap ring and axle should come out.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Sgmilazzo1

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 21, 2022
virginia
Thanks for the reply!

Messicks is the only rebuilt transaxle I've found available so far as well. I will likely be heading down the same path as you pulling the transaxle out and seeing if I can find something simple.

Man the rebuilt transaxle is not cheap!

Thanks again! Rick

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Now I understand why so many of the older tractors become parts tractors. Once the hydrostat goes bad, the cost of the replacement is about 1/3 of the value of the machine. Would have to think long and hard about repairing or replacing.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I am looking for a used HST Assembly for my 03 bx2200. During reassembly after fixing a mid-pto problem I made a bonehead move and broke the front case of the HST. I really only need the case so if you have a HST that is bad, as long as the front case is good it will get me going.

Thanks
do you happen to still have this HST? Maybe you didn’t break the part that I need
I’m willing to buy the housing for the HST if you still have it

Dwarner

Equipment
B7610 HST, Woods 6500
Aug 3, 2012
Enfield, CT
do you happen to still have this HST? Maybe you didn’t break the part that I need
I’m willing to buy the housing for the HST if you still have it
I have a BX23 and the case you need looks to be good. But when I look up a bx1500 hydro it had a different number
I'm now in the same boat and need an HST

K2561-14002

I can rebuild it if I get the back of the housing assembly

I have the case from the hydrostat part number you are looking for however I believe your part number is incorrect. My hydrostat came off of a BX23.
I PA there is a seller with a bx1500 that was hit by a tree on Facebook marketplace.

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I have a BX23 and the case you need looks to be good. But when I look up a bx1500 hydro it had a different number

I have the case from the hydrostat part number you are looking for however I believe your part number is incorrect. My hydrostat came off of a BX23.
I PA there is a seller with a bx1500 that was hit by a tree on Facebook marketplace.
There was a few different part numbers but they all seem to be the same part

This is a picture of the exact part i need

Does yours look similar?

I'll look up the parts for a bx23 and see if it matches, it should

Attachments

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth

It should work, that HST goes on BX2230 BX2200 BX1830 BX1800 BX23 BX22

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
FYI there is 2 BX23's
Old BX23D
New BX23S

And Joesmith123, you better learn to look for part numbers on the original source and not assume a seller is giving you the right part numbers!
You will get burned with a part not really crossing over!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
FYI there is 2 BX23's
Old BX23D
New BX23S

And Joesmith123, you better learn to look for part numbers on the original source and not assume a seller is giving you the right part numbers!
You will get burned with a part not really crossing over!

The problem:

Here's the HST that I need

Yet, its not even listed on the models that it fits (Mine is BX1500)

My point: I have to use a combination of things: the tractor it was on, the part number, the appearance (detailed pictures)

Dwarner

Equipment
B7610 HST, Woods 6500
Aug 3, 2012
Enfield, CT
There was a few different part numbers but they all seem to be the same part

This is a picture of the exact part i need

Does yours look similar?

I'll look up the parts for a bx23 and see if it matches, it should

No the hydrostat on my BX23 is different.

Dwarner

Equipment
B7610 HST, Woods 6500
Aug 3, 2012
Enfield, CT
There is a BX 1500 that was hit by a tree for sale on Facebook marketplace. It is located in Nazareth PA. Could be a good candidate for parts.

Reactions: 1 users

martinlaurentide

Equipment
Kubota: BX2200, BX2750D, LA211, box; Woods: BH6000, Post Hole Digger-might sell
If that casing is not sold and fits a 2001 BX2200, I might need it. Everything works on mine but it's pouring oil from the top. I can't see precisely from where but the housing must be cracked... looking for a used one but per this post / threads and my research, they are expensive new and tough to source used... and how do you know. The used one is any good?!

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
If that casing is not sold and fits a 2001 BX2200, I might need it. Everything works on mine but it's pouring oil from the top. I can't see precisely from where but the housing must be cracked... looking for a used one but per this post / threads and my research, they are expensive new and tough to source used... and how do you know. The used one is any good?!
Yes, let me check

I was on a cleaning rampage and was throwing away many items

But maybe I did not toss it

martinlaurentide

Equipment
... so I texted that last 13 second video of the leakage to a very empathetic Kubota scrapper husband and wife team in Saskatchewan who said within seconds that it is most likely the gasket and if I am changing it to get the seals as they might be damaged when I pull that section off. He suggested I check all the bolts and if one is loose to tighten it and see if it reduces the leakage. Makes sense since he figures there's 150 lbs of pressure in there. Parts ordered and expected after the weekend... 020 -> #6610136820 $15 CDN; 280 -> 6610136780 $10 CDN; #200-> #6C05098260 - $65 CDN go figure.... If no more news after this post, you'll know that if this happens to you, what to do... Pumps are like $4,000. Used ones almost impossible to find, rebuilds don't last is what I have learned through this exercise... Labour if the entire process were farmed out would be almost as much as the pump...

martinlaurentide

Equipment
Yes, let me check

I was on a cleaning rampage and was throwing away many items

But maybe I did not toss it
Thanks. See below. Changing the gasket but I would save that for someone in need... it could happen. Am hoping I won't need it. Will know soon enough. Cheers!

martinlaurentide

Equipment
I have removed the 4 bolts and loosened the unit. Transmission has to be removed to pull it, it turns out. There are cross members up high and below that restrict movement. Real pain. Was not aware. Woods Backhoe is on,... real p.i.t.a... I guess you had your transmission out for that. cheers. Glad yours is working. My tractor is all apart.

Attachments

Last edited: