Looking for a HST for a 2003 Kubota bx2200d. Part number k2561-14002

ccwarnock

Equipment
2003 Bx2200d
Jun 23, 2022
Savannah Ga
I am looking for a used HST Assembly for my 03 bx2200. During reassembly after fixing a mid-pto problem I made a bonehead move and broke the front case of the HST. I really only need the case so if you have a HST that is bad, as long as the front case is good it will get me going.

Thanks

Sgmilazzo1

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 21, 2022
virginia
Were you able to find a hst assembly. I too am having mid-pto problems with my bx2200. Wont stay engaged in detent. And the transaxle is leaking fluid. Think the previous owner allowed water to get into the transaxle. So i think I am in the market for a rebuilt or good functions pto/hst. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

ccwarnock

Equipment
2003 Bx2200d
Jun 23, 2022
Savannah Ga
Were you able to find a hst assembly. I too am having mid-pto problems with my bx2200. Wont stay engaged in detent. And the transaxle is leaking fluid. Think the previous owner allowed water to get into the transaxle. So i think I am in the market for a rebuilt or good functions pto/hst. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Thanks,
Rick
I was unable to locate a used HST I ended up buying one from Messicks https://www.messicks.com/part/k2561-14002/hst-assy

My issue was a worn pto select arm which was slipping past rather than pushing the selector gear, see pictures. I was able to build the select arm up with weld material and grind it back into its original shape. Removing the select arm requires removing the HST and front transaxle cover and most of the gears and shafts inside. It was not a fun project.

Here is the parts manual from Kubota https://kpad.kubota.com/books/1738

(You may know this next part already but if not maybe it will help)

The three holes on the select arm are where a bearing ball engages giving you the three detent positions. This ball is held into the case by a bolt and spring. The ball bearing is removable. The bolt is located on the left hand side of the case just behind where the select arm goes through the case (see schematic picture). I would check to see if the ball is still in its proper place. during reassembly my select arm got tweaked and allowed the ball to fall into the case.

Also, if the leak is coming from the axle seals they are removable without pulling the case out of the tractor. should be able to slide the seal back and remove a snap ring and axle should come out.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Attachments

Sgmilazzo1

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 21, 2022
virginia
I was unable to locate a used HST I ended up buying one from Messicks https://www.messicks.com/part/k2561-14002/hst-assy

My issue was a worn pto select arm which was slipping past rather than pushing the selector gear, see pictures. I was able to build the select arm up with weld material and grind it back into its original shape. Removing the select arm requires removing the HST and front transaxle cover and most of the gears and shafts inside. It was not a fun project.

Here is the parts manual from Kubota https://kpad.kubota.com/books/1738

(You may know this next part already but if not maybe it will help)

The three holes on the select arm are where a bearing ball engages giving you the three detent positions. This ball is held into the case by a bolt and spring. The ball bearing is removable. The bolt is located on the left hand side of the case just behind where the select arm goes through the case (see schematic picture). I would check to see if the ball is still in its proper place. during reassembly my select arm got tweaked and allowed the ball to fall into the case.

Also, if the leak is coming from the axle seals they are removable without pulling the case out of the tractor. should be able to slide the seal back and remove a snap ring and axle should come out.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Sgmilazzo1

Equipment
Bx2200
Jul 21, 2022
virginia
Thanks for the reply!

Messicks is the only rebuilt transaxle I've found available so far as well. I will likely be heading down the same path as you pulling the transaxle out and seeing if I can find something simple.

Man the rebuilt transaxle is not cheap!

Thanks again! Rick

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East
Now I understand why so many of the older tractors become parts tractors. Once the hydrostat goes bad, the cost of the replacement is about 1/3 of the value of the machine. Would have to think long and hard about repairing or replacing.

Reactions: 1 user