locking the 3 point hitch in a desired down postion on a L3301

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Looking at my manual, I don't see a way to do it? I know about the knob that controls its speed that it goes up and down at, but don't see any provision for locking it into position so it doesn't float up. What am I missing here?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Looking at my manual, I don't see a way to do it? I know about the knob that controls its speed that it goes up and down at, but don't see any provision for locking it into position so it doesn't float up. What am I missing here?
Very few tractors have down force 3PH. They are single acting and rely on gravity to lower. You could rig something like 3 pt backhoes do, using the top link bracket to keep the arms from lifting.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
As PoTreeBoy said, in more words, you are missing the fact that your tractor has no way to lock the 3PH in position, with respect to upward movement... :)

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
It is very easy to attach hold down chains down to draw bar. This would prevent the three-point from coming up. But having to manually remove them when you wanted the full function of your three point.

Reactions: 1 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
It is very easy to attach hold down chains down to draw bar. This would prevent the three-point from coming up. But having to manually remove them when you wanted the full function of your three point.
Makes pefect sense, if I had had my drawbar on the tractor I would have done that, without it, it never occurred to me! Thanks.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
What are you attaching to the 3-point that is floating up in use?
Many ground engaging 3-point implements can be adjusted to angle themselves into the ground as they're being pulled - ilke a subsoiler. Or a boxblade's attack angle adjustment by adjusting the top link.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
What are you attaching to the 3-point that is floating up in use?
Many ground engaging 3-point implements can be adjusted to angle themselves into the ground as they're being pulled - ilke a subsoiler. Or a boxblade's attack angle adjustment by adjusting the top link.
Added weight did the trick. Eyeballing the angle of attack on my sub soiler's "blade" looks about right, though i did not play with to see how it effected my hose laying.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So pardon me if I am a little late to the game here ,,but why do you want to lock it down, to my way of thinking your looking to muck something up. It is suppose to go up and then return to the setting and if you have to run through a couple time to get to depth so what