Location of Vent For Hydraulics on B6200

B6200Dave

Equipment
B6200 HST
Apr 17, 2010
Carp, Ontario
Hi All,

This is my first time posting although I have been a enjoying this site and the information for some time!! I was hoping that one of the great posters on this site could help me out with a problem :). I have a B6200 HST (2WD) and have a problem with the hydraulic fluid overflowing from the dip stick and containing a lot of air bubbles when the tractor is warm. The fluid is fine (both issues go away) once the tractor cools down.

I read in this forum that the issue may be caused by something as simple as a blocked vent and wanted to rule this out first. The only problem is that I have looked all over the tractor and can't find the vent :(. I looked under the seat and all around the hydraulics and can't see anything that could be a vent. So, I was hoping that someone could help me out and let me know if there is a vent on the B6200 and where it is. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Dave

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Dave. Welcome to the forum. On my B7200 the vent was at the back of the tractor underneath the bracket that held the top link. On my B8200 it is in pretty much in the same spot but exposed. But your diagnosis sounds right. The vent may be just a small plastic cap or on the 8200 it almost looks like a lift hook but it is hollow. Good luck.:D Dusty

B6200Dave

Equipment
B6200 HST
Apr 17, 2010
Carp, Ontario
Dusty ... right where you said it would be ... I would have searched for a year before I ever found it :(. I really appreciate your help!! It was completely gunked up so I am hoping that resolves the issue ... I'm out to do some work and see if that fixed it.

Dave

B6200Dave

Equipment
B6200 HST
Apr 17, 2010
Carp, Ontario
Dusty ... just wanted to let you know that I worked the tractor for 3 hours today and everything is fine now ... no overflow and no bubbles :). Really appreciate the help!!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Dusty ... just wanted to let you know that I worked the tractor for 3 hours today and everything is fine now ... no overflow and no bubbles :). Really appreciate the help!!

Congrats Dave and a huge ataboy to dusty....You the MAN :D

Nick_B6200

Equipment
B6200
Apr 9, 2022
CA
Dusty ... right where you said it would be ... I would have searched for a year before I ever found it :(. I really appreciate your help!! It was completely gunked up so I am hoping that resolves the issue ... I'm out to do some work and see if that fixed it.

Dave
Hi, can you please specify where this vent actually is?