Locating a M60 series tractor

Banjomule

Equipment
M5660, Z422
Jun 20, 2022
Iowa
I would like to buy either a M5660, M6060, or M7060 open station tractor in the next few months and I’d rather not order it since nobody can really tell me when it would arrive. Is there a good way to search dealer inventory? I’ve just been searching Tractorhouse and calling all the dealers I can find within a reasonable driving distance, but I haven’t had much luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I would like to buy either a M5660, M6060, or M7060 open station tractor in the next few months and I’d rather not order it since nobody can really tell me when it would arrive. Is there a good way to search dealer inventory? I’ve just been searching Tractorhouse and calling all the dealers I can find within a reasonable driving distance, but I haven’t had much luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Perhaps you should expand your definition of "reasonable driving distance".

Banjomule

Equipment
M5660, Z422
Jun 20, 2022
Iowa
Perhaps you should expand your definition of "reasonable driving distance".
I’ve called all the dealers I know of within 100 miles with no luck. I’ve found a few on Tractorhouse in the 300-500 mile range, but I’d rather not haul one that far if there is one sitting at a dealer 120 miles away that wasn’t on my radar, or if there is one at a dealership 50 miles away that wasn’t there last week when I called. Just trying to expand my knowledge on resources to find one.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Check out this one, amazing deal....2008 for $2K :oops:

OK, guess that doesn't work.

Check FB marketplace for '2008 Tractor Kubota'

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
One way is to have your dealer call around and see if they can find what you're looking for. If they can, they can work out an inventory swap with the other dealer. This is what would have happened when I found an M6060 about 600 miles away, but the local dealer had nothing in inventory to exchange so the "remote" dealer was ok selling directly to me given that I was way outside of their selling region. There was a courtesy call between the two dealers and both parties approved.

Reactions: 1 users

Banjomule

Equipment
M5660, Z422
Jun 20, 2022
Iowa
Check out this one, amazing deal....2008 for $2K :oops:

OK, guess that doesn't work.

Check FB marketplace for '2008 Tractor Kubota'
Thanks for the lead. I should have specified I’m looking for a new one

Banjomule

Equipment
M5660, Z422
Jun 20, 2022
Iowa
One way is to have your dealer call around and see if they can find what you're looking for. If they can, they can work out an inventory swap with the other dealer. This is what would have happened when I found an M6060 about 600 miles away, but the local dealer had nothing in inventory to exchange so the "remote" dealer was ok selling directly to me given that I was way outside of their selling region. There was a courtesy call between the two dealers and both parties approved.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll ask about that

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I don't have a dealer that I coffee and donut with in any color equipment so when the tractor I thought I had bought got sold out from under me at a dealer 70 miles away and the one he found to replace it with from another dealer was three grand plus more. I got on Kubota's web site and did the dealer locator and found dealers that were five hundred or less miles from me. Started calling dealers and by noon I had a MX6000 open station with FEL and weights bought at a very good cash price. Spent a short day the next week with truck and trailer to pick it up. They even took my personal check.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I’ve called all the dealers I know of within 100 miles with no luck. I’ve found a few on Tractorhouse in the 300-500 mile range, but I’d rather not haul one that far if there is one sitting at a dealer 120 miles away that wasn’t on my radar, or if there is one at a dealership 50 miles away that wasn’t there last week when I called. Just trying to expand my knowledge on resources to find one.
You have unrealistic expectations in today's economic environment. You are either going to have to spend ALOT of time driving to get one on a lot somewhere in the US, OR you are going to spend ALOT of time waiting for a local dealer to get the one your ordered in, OR you are going to spend ALOT of time scouring all manner of online and local marketplaces and talking to people to find a used one.

The benefits of finding one locally might also be obvious, but a local dealer and service center is always a plus in my book. I recommend you order what you want from them and wait.

Good luck!

Last edited: