Loading Front Tires?

Tioga Tim

Equipment
B2620
Nov 11, 2020
Upstate New York
Pretty sure I am going to order some 3" wheel spacer for my B2620. I have the R-4 tires and was thinking about having the front ones loaded with Rim-Guard while i have them off. ( Rears are already loaded.) They seem to lose air - when I think to check them they usually won't even register on the gauge. Does anyone know are they tubeless? I am assuming so. Can they be fitted with tubes and loaded? Would it be worth the effort?

Thanks,
Tim

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
When I took delivery of my M5660 last fall both front tires were losing air rather quickly. I used Snoop to find where they were leaking...all around the bead on both tires. Upon closer examination, I found that the areas with the leaks had one thing in common...the rubber tits from the tire molding process were pinched between the tire bead and the rim creating a leak path. My dealer gladly took the tractor back and installed tubes in both front tires.

As far as your loading question, yes it's possible but I don't know how beneficial it would be.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
When I took delivery of my M5660 last fall both front tires were losing air rather quickly. I used Snoop to find where they were leaking...all around the bead on both tires. Upon closer examination, I found that the areas with the leaks had one thing in common...the rubber tits from the tire molding process were pinched between the tire bead and the rim creating a leak path. My dealer gladly took the tractor back and installed tubes in both front tires.

As far as your loading question, yes it's possible but I don't know how beneficial it would be.
Front tires are small and do not have much volume. AND in my case they puncture easily. On both my tractors I elected to have them foam filled, 18 years ago, or 16 years ago. Puncture a liquid filled tire and it is more of a hassle than an air filled tire.

I would get the front tires foam filled and never look back, and never have a flat during the life of the tire.

Edit: I was trying to imply that foam filling of front tires being small is not that expensive. Rear tires, a different story...

Reactions: 1 user

Tractor Doctor

Equipment
Agriculture equipment
Apr 4, 2021
Maine
Pretty sure I am going to order some 3" wheel spacer for my B2620. I have the R-4 tires and was thinking about having the front ones loaded with Rim-Guard while i have them off. ( Rears are already loaded.) They seem to lose air - when I think to check them they usually won't even register on the gauge. Does anyone know are they tubeless? I am assuming so. Can they be fitted with tubes and loaded? Would it be worth the effort?

Thanks,
Tim
Front tire R-4s have cheap tubeless valve stems, have tubes installed and then no issue. Loading not recommended. Weights are available to hang off Front bumper.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
The best fix is to add tubes. Yes you can fill with rimguard or windshield washer/ RV fluid. however you will not gain very much additional weight by filling the fronts. Why do you want to fill the fronts? I would suggest not worth the effort.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have my front tires filled with WWF and the benefit to me is that I can carry heavy loads in the FEL without the front tires coming off the rim. The WWF keeps the tires from compressing too much with weight on the loader. Therefore, I can fill the tires to 22 psi and not have to worry about running the tire off the bead or worrying if the air pressure is too low for the load.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
Never really heard of filling fronts for the reason you described. Front tires should be able to carry the weight that the FEL is capable of lifting when filled to the proper psi. Whatever works for you.

Tioga Tim

Equipment
B2620
Nov 11, 2020
Upstate New York
The best fix is to add tubes. Yes you can fill with rimguard or windshield washer/ RV fluid. however you will not gain very much additional weight by filling the fronts. Why do you want to fill the fronts? I would suggest not worth the effort.
Just thought while I had the tires off to mount the spacers I would have tubes put in and get them loaded. I see the fronts spinning a lot when doing anything with the bucket empty, and figured loading the tires would help some and could not hurt. I don't see a way to attach weights with the bucket on, and I leave the bucket on all the time.

I did the same when I had to replace the 6.50 x 16 front tires on my IH farm tractor.

Tim