Loader tips easily to right B21

Connor

Equipment
Kubota B21, Farmall 200, Ford 9N
Dec 31, 2019
Morgantown, PA
I’ve had a B21 for years, and usually have no issue with a full bucket of dirt dumping into a pickup truck.
Just recently something changed that the tractor likes to lift the left rear tire off the ground with just 200 pounds in bucket.

Tires are all inflated, nothing bent, no external leaks on cylinders.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what could cause it?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Were your tires previously filled with fluid of some kind, and one tire has leaked the fluid out by chance?

Wheel weight fall off ?

I probably wouldn't go over 200lbs in the bucket w/o some kind of ballast on the 3-pt anyways.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'200 pounds' ? is this the same material as before ? Not being 'smart' but I've noticed I take bigger scoops of dry dirt than I can of wet dirt
also SAME truck ?? Dang new trucks are TALLER,so YOU have to raise bucket up higher to clear the $$$$ sides of the new rides !!
just wondering what has changed....

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
'200 pounds' ? is this the same material as before ? Not being 'smart' but I've noticed I take bigger scoops of dry dirt than I can of wet dirt
also SAME truck ?? Dang new trucks are TALLER,so YOU have to raise bucket up higher to clear the $$$$ sides of the new rides !!
just wondering what has changed....
Exactly ! :)

Connor

Equipment
Dec 31, 2019
Morgantown, PA
No haven’t used weight or ballast.
and I meant it wants to lift with 200 pounds lifted 2’ off the ground.
that’s the odd part because I used to be able to lift all the way up or at least 5’

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
You're asking for help, but have not answered at least 3 questions you've been asked.

Connor

Equipment
Dec 31, 2019
Morgantown, PA
You're asking for help, but have not answered at least 3 questions you've been asked.
2’ off the ground is way less than any pickup new or old, never used ballast or weights before and never an issue, and 200 pounds is much less than a full bucket of dirt was.

Connor

Equipment
Dec 31, 2019
Morgantown, PA
I was thinking one of the cylinders could have air in it? Or bypassing inside? So only one gets the weight load. Think that’s possible?

Connor

Equipment
Dec 31, 2019
Morgantown, PA
Not trying to answer my own question either but that’s what it seemed like to me.
was Wondering if that is a possibility or is there a way to test that they are both working properly?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’ve had a B21 for years, and usually have no issue with a full bucket of dirt dumping into a pickup truck.
Just recently something changed that the tractor likes to lift the left rear tire off the ground with just 200 pounds in bucket.

Tires are all inflated, nothing bent, no external leaks on cylinders.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what could cause it?
Is the load in the bucket centered, or on the right side?

Is the backhoe mounted on the tractor?

My experience is that what you are describing is normal for a tractor when there is not enough weight on the back to keep the rear wheels on the ground. Unless the load in the bucket is perfectly centered weight wise, as soon as the rear starts to lift, one wheel will come up due to the center pivot on the front axle. The heavy side of the bucket will go down, and the rear wheel on the opposite side will go up.

Have you done ANYTHING to reduce the weight on the back of the tractor? 200 pounds should be close to nothing I would think as far as loader operation goes.

How much do you weigh? If you raise the bucket 6 inches off the ground and stand on the corner does the same thing happen, if you weigh 200 lbs or more (might not due to the geometry, not sure).

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I was thinking one of the cylinders could have air in it? Or bypassing inside? So only one gets the weight load. Think that’s possible?
I am having trouble imagining how a loader that is not touching anything could ITSELF be causing a rear tire to lift off the ground. Not disputing there are many ways this can happen otherwise, including not having enough ballast on the rear counter the weight in front of the front axle.

Some loaders only have one cylinder in the center. The loader frame rigidity is what transfers the weight to the tractor frame.

Guess what I am trying to say is it seems unlikely to me that the issue could be caused by a defective cylinder.

I do know if I hook an outermost tooth of my toothbar on a root, and try to lift, I can cause a rear tire to lift off the ground. But this is different than what you are describing.

Reactions: 1 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Check front tire pressure

Reactions: 1 user