Loader questions that have probably been asked a 100 times.

Barefoot guy

Equipment
1993 Kubota B7100hst. RC60 belly mower.
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
Hello fellows. I have had my B7100HST with the RC60 belly mower since June. I have been looking for a front loader for it and found a B6100 with the B219 loader. The 6100 is gear driven and has a rod through the side of the block. The poor tractor has led a very rough life and looks to have been out in the weather for most of it's life. I figured the B6100 & B7100 were the same "chassis". But after perusing the forum here I learned the HST is 5.6 inches longer than the geared one. And after looking from the front back to the seat, Both tractors look to be the same length except that the rear axle is set back about 5.5 inches. And after looking I have 2 questions. First can the B219 loader be on the tractor at the same time as the RC60 belly mower? And second, since the B6100 was gear driven it has the front mounted hydraulic pump on the front of the crankshaft ,. Should I plumb the loader in to the HST or should I run the front pump on the HST ? Thanks for all your answers ahead of time. I really appreciate all of you on this forum.

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I think that you would be better off trying to find an engine for that old tractor and swapping the engine rather than trying to swap the loader. It will be a lot less work, and even if I could give you an answer about swapping, there might just be some "gotcha" that will prevent it from the swap ever being completed.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
As you probably know, the B219 is the correct loader for the B7100, at least it is per TractorData. Looking at those two tractors, it would have to be a pretty near impossible PITA putting the loader on the 7100 to convince me to find a motor for the machine with the loader on it. Hopefully someone knows whether you can run the MMM and loader at the same time. Hard to believe you can’t but that doesn’t mean you can.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Part of the enjoyment of your hobby is figuring out how to cobble stuff together and keep things running. Get satisfaction when everything works. Breakdowns are a new challenge giving you new enjoyment.

Personally I buy a machine to get a job done faster and cheaper than doing without. I get no joy trying to use a screwdriver as a hammer and pliers. Enjoy your hobby.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello fellows. I have had my B7100HST with the RC60 belly mower since June. I have been looking for a front loader for it and found a B6100 with the B219 loader. The 6100 is gear driven and has a rod through the side of the block. The poor tractor has led a very rough life and looks to have been out in the weather for most of it's life. I figured the B6100 & B7100 were the same "chassis". But after perusing the forum here I learned the HST is 5.6 inches longer than the geared one. And after looking from the front back to the seat, Both tractors look to be the same length except that the rear axle is set back about 5.5 inches. And after looking I have 2 questions. First can the B219 loader be on the tractor at the same time as the RC60 belly mower? And second, since the B6100 was gear driven it has the front mounted hydraulic pump on the front of the crankshaft ,. Should I plumb the loader in to the HST or should I run the front pump on the HST ? Thanks for all your answers ahead of time. I really appreciate all of you on this forum.
Let me start by saying I have no personal experience with that loader or your tractors but I do own a B7200DT with B1630 loader. That loader has a multipiece subframe and different bits to fit different model tractors,

Looking at the B219 loader manual it has a welded subframe that connects the front of the loader to the rear axle. Unlike the B1630 I do not see any mechanism for adjusting the length to match different model tractors. Putting it on a longer chassis may require some cutting and welding. I think the best way to get an answer to your question is with a tape measure.

Dan