loader hose connections

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Was there a loader on the tractor previously. I ask because the front hydraulic block cover needs to be changed to provide the necessary hose ports.

My diagram is not different from what theoldhokie is telling you.

forum B2400 block markedup.jpg

It is important you are careful to know which hose is attached to the loader valve IN port and which is the Power Beyond port.

If you cannot identify the power beyond port, then look for the Tank port on the loader valve body. If you identify this one then the the PB is known by default.

I marked in YELLOW an important point. In your case the loader valve will have its own relief valve but I have seen instances where someone installed a two spool valve to operate a loader and this valve had no relief and the pump was destroyed.

The concept of the outlet block is simple. Normally the fluid from the main pump only goes to the 3 pt hitch. By installing the special block cover you diver the main pump flow and send it to the loader valve. The loader valve, using its power beyond port, return the main pump flow to the rear of the tractor to operate the 3 pt hitch.

Dave

Dave