Loader Grab Handle - MX5400 with 1065 FEL?

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
I am purchasing a new MX5400 with 1065 loader. I have mobility limitations and will probably be doing a modification to add or lower the tractor step.
Searching the internet, there are left-side grab handles for other Kubotas (B-series) from Salty Mike's Custom, and Ken's for JD....

A grab handle on the left would be helpful to me rather than reaching for the steering wheel.

Does anyone know of a source or has anyone made a left-side loader grab handle?

Any input or sources/adaptations/comments are appreciated.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You need to stop pulling on the steering wheel if your steering wheel support is anything like the one on my L2501. It will quickly become damaged.

Are you wanting to put a handle loader upright? I would Google "grab handle for a semi truck" you will find many options. Also use the OTT search bar to find mounts for a chainsaws. This might give you ideas on how to attach the handle without drilling or welding on the loader mount.

Have you ever seen the step on the rear bumper of a lineman's truck? Two thick pieces of cable that has a step between the cables. If it drags on the ground and then it flexes. This one might work better then cables: https://www.zoro.com/buyers-product...2Bf1XxvW5wpc7u4sMuJ9SAWdLhn5x7xBoCsLgQAvD_BwE

Ken Erickson has made a lift for his tractor that might help you if you need addition help. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/help-with-lever-and-fulcrum-math.42942/

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
SawHaul uses a U-bolt to wrap around the loader upright to hold a saw scabbard. It fits perfectly and could be adapted for use with a piece of flat aluminum or steel with a handle attached. I think it would be an easy thing to fabricate.

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
I am purchasing a new MX5400 with 1065 loader. I have mobility limitations and will probably be doing a modification to add or lower the tractor step.
Searching the internet, there are left-side grab handles for other Kubotas (B-series) from Salty Mike's Custom, and Ken's for JD....

A grab handle on the left would be helpful to me rather than reaching for the steering wheel.

Does anyone know of a source or has anyone made a left-side loader grab handle?

Any input or sources/adaptations/comments are appreciated.
Thanks guys. I like the idea of a flexible lower step @ linesman cables. I checked out SawHaul and it looks like they may have a Gunhaul coming soon...I definitely need one of those as feral hogs are running rampant here. I always see them when I’m on a old MF 245 tractor...

I was wondering if anyone had mounted a Ken’s JD grab handle on an orange tractor? Drilling one hole is not an issue...clearance is a concern when loader is lifted?

I was also wondering if Jeep Oh s@## grab handles might work?

I will not have the tractor in my possession until April 1st so I didn't know if anyone had mounted a left grab handle on any of the MX tractors.Im trying to plan ahead for easier tractor mounting. I do better pulling myself up with both hands grabbing on to something...
Well, getting old is a ———%!

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There was someone recently on here that designed a lift of some kind for getting on his tractor seat. It was quite ingenious. I'll look to see if I can help find it for you this evening. It might give you some ideas.