Loader frame lids

britej

Equipment
M7060HD
Jun 5, 2020
Queen City Texas
My John Deere I just traded for the m7060 had a flat piece of metal welded to the bottom half of the loader frame tube for storage. It was a great spot for hammer and wd40 And toilet paper. Anybody made a lid to cover The loader frame tube on Kubota? I could weld a flat piece to it. But looking for more factory looking ideas

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I do recall seeing a few capped loader tubes that were used for storage. One even had a pull-out drawer made from a PVC pipe with the top half cut away to make a half-round drawer. Storage space is at a premium on tractors. It is a challenge to add features to a tractor and have them look nice. Always fun to see what people come up with.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I believe a PVC pipe cap will fit nicely. Been considering doing that myself. I carry my ever present roll of TP behind the seat for those unexpected field fertilizing times.... :D

britej

Equipment
M7060HD
Jun 5, 2020
Queen City Texas
Upon further research (at work now with internet, super slow at my house), looks like many folks are using Test Plugs or Expansion Caps to close off the ends. I will measure the tube size this weekend and see if they make one for it. Looks like my TP will be in the tube again!!!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I wonder what stops it from vibrating out. Couldn't see a pin or locking mechanism, but what a great idea.
Looks like there is a hole in the end of the tube at 12:00 or perhaps 11:55:) Right in the edge of the weld bead.

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
Upon further research (at work now with internet, super slow at my house), looks like many folks are using Test Plugs or Expansion Caps to close off the ends. I will measure the tube size this weekend and see if they make one for it. Looks like my TP will be in the tube again!!!
The tube plugs I've seen in YouTubes are PVC Test Plugs that have a rubber core that expands when the Big wing nut is tightened.