Loader Bucket On The 3PH?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Years ago I visited a TBN member that lived not far from me. His screen name was Bud.

He had a smaller B series tractor, maybe a B2410 or something like that.

He built a 3PH bucket similar to a loader bucket, and I do not remember, but assume he must have had a hydraulic top link. I do not think he had a loader on the front.

I was impressed by the functionality, as compared to using a dirt scoop on the back. Having a loader it mattered not to me. BUT using my loader on the front and a dirt scoop on the back, I did now and then think it might be nice to have a loader style bucket on the three point hitch, since I have a hydraulic top cylinder...

Curious if anyone heard of someone else putting a loader bucket on their 3PH...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You can buy a three point hitch with a quick attach skid steer on the opposite side. That way you can put a bucket on or pallet forks.

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
I made a custom 3pt pallet fork set up for my B2620 which works just fine with a couple of drawbacks.
You can only lift your load a couple of feet off the ground.
You have to be looking over your shoulder while using it unless you are just transporting the load.
That being said, a bucket on the 3pt you not be able to dump the load into any kind of trailer, etc. and I would imagine that once the 3pt was raised to max height and the bucket in dump position the front bottom edge of the bucket would not be far off the ground, depending on the size of the bucket and tractor.
Just something to keep in mind.

Reactions: 1 user

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Didn’t even know this was possible. Very interesting but, I can see some benefits and several drawbacks.

Mike

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
$400 for the adapter. If for no other reason, the Conviniance is worth it. I use my forklift, tree puller, dozer blade, bucket, etc on the rear as needed.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
That being said, a bucket on the 3pt you not be able to dump the load into any kind of trailer, etc. and I would imagine that once the 3pt was raised to max height and the bucket in dump position the front bottom edge of the bucket would not be far off the ground, depending on the size of the bucket and tractor.
Just something to keep in mind.
My dirt scoop dumps OK on the 3PH, and since that guy I mentioned seemed to be happy with his fabrication I figured it would work as well as a dirt scoop, but perhaps carry more cu ft of material...Along with whatever the loader bucket would carry. So I wondered if anyone tried doing something similar.

Never considered the idea as a replacement for a loader...was thinking it might be an idea to increase dirt moving capability. BUT since I got a 5x8 hydraulic dump trailer that I can pull with my BX and load with my backhoe or mini ex, I do not need that capability anymore.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I would replace my pined bucket and pallet forks on my B-7800 with a skid steering system, but the weight and expense are not worth it. I got pretty fast swapping out those components.

Reactions: 1 user