Loader bucket availability and pricing

bigmuddy

Equipment
Kubota L3130OD
Sep 12, 2022
Washington MO
Hi everyone, new to the forum.
I have an early 2000s model Kubota L3130 model and I need an LA513 bucket to make it more functional.
Any suggestions on finding a used one?
What would be a reasonable price for a loader, bucket and everything to make it work? New ones I was told today may be 6 months back ordered!

Also, has anyone retrofitted a different model on something like this? I found a local guy that has a NOS loader that might work (off a 30hp) but would require different brackets and I would think other parts as well?

TIA

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi everyone, new to the forum.
I have an early 2000s model Kubota L3130 model and I need an LA513 bucket to make it more functional.
Any suggestions on finding a used one?
What would be a reasonable price for a loader, bucket and everything to make it work? New ones I was told today may be 6 months back ordered!

Also, has anyone retrofitted a different model on something like this? I found a local guy that has a NOS loader that might work (off a 30hp) but would require different brackets and I would think other parts as well?

TIA
You are NOT going to want to hear this advice!
MANY others here on OTT will offer the same advice however!
For the most cost effective, least hassle, and best quality solution.....sell your L3130 !
Buy a (used?) tractor (orange, green, or blue) with an OEM loader already installed!

Reactions: 4 users

bigmuddy

Equipment
Kubota L3130OD
Sep 12, 2022
Washington MO
I’m not against that idea. However, the Kubota isn’t going anywhere. Only has like 400hrs o it.

why is it advantageous to buy one with the loader? Mines paid for and the loader new is 5500 plus shop fees to put it on.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup have a barn fire and have the 3130 in the barn claim Jewish lightening, and get a new MX with a FEL and what you need,,, not that I would ever condone such a thing.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The advantage of buying the 'proper' OEM complete loader is that everything fits and works as it should....
However 6 months to maybe get it is, well HALF a friggin YEAR !!! Who KNOWS what will happen by then ?

My 'giant pumkin tractor' has a'bodged' loader setup consisting of mismatched frame, hydraulics and bucket. does it work , YES ! easily lifts 1500# kins at idle, is it 'pretty' ? Not to the 'correct cops' but then THEY can afford 'trailer queens'.
There is NOTHING wrong with a properly bodged loader system, farmers have had them for decades, generations. When (if ?) a lodaer system comes available, you might think about upgrading but in the meantime, you get to USE your tractor and loader, that can be priceless !

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m not against that idea. However, the Kubota isn’t going anywhere. Only has like 400hrs o it.

why is it advantageous to buy one with the loader? Mines paid for and the loader new is 5500 plus shop fees to put it on.
Make sure that price includes the control valve and all associated hoses, etc. AND get a firm quote in writing on what the total cost to you delivered will be, that includes installation costs.

Usually people say buy a tractor with the loader already on it because buying a new loader for an older tractor is quite expensive relatively speaking.

Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Does your tractor have the control stick and the hydraulic valves, and a hydraulic box to which the loader can plug? If so you're closer, and most Kubotas do. If it doesn't, then it's harder.

I bought an old BX and added a (brand new) loader. The loader cost more than the tractor did. When it came time to sell, the fact that the loader was 15 years newer than the tractor made no difference to resale - still an old tractor with a loader. So I lost money on that.

Tractors don't lose a lot of value, so changing your L to a similar L with a loader will cost less than adding a new loader to your L will cost. It will also be massively easier than waiting for a new loader to come into stock, or taking the risk of adding a loader to your machine (often people end up with one part missing, or one connection that doesn't fit, and you can easily spend a lot of $$ on odds and ends to get it all working).

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If you’re looking for a new in box type loader that’s an alternative to the Kubota OEM, you might try https://quicke.org/products/frontloaders/. I don’t know what a setup for your tractor cost, if it’s available at all, or what lead times are. They offer self leveling and non-self leveling.

I have seen their loaders a few times on other people’s tractors, usually where the owner preferred self leveling but couldn’t get it in a OEM loader. I have been impressed with the ones I have seen. The loader on mine is Kubota OEM.

If you’re looking for a used loader, good luck.

bigmuddy

Equipment
Kubota L3130OD
Sep 12, 2022
Washington MO
If you’re looking for a new in box type loader that’s an alternative to the Kubota OEM, you might try https://quicke.org/products/frontloaders/. I don’t know what a setup for your tractor cost, if it’s available at all, or what lead times are. They offer self leveling and non-self leveling.

I have seen their loaders a few times on other people’s tractors, usually where the owner preferred self leveling but couldn’t get it in a OEM loader. I have been impressed with the ones I have seen. The loader on mine is Kubota OEM.

If you’re looking for a used loader, good luck.
Thanks much! I hadn't heard of that particular company before.

bigmuddy

Equipment
Kubota L3130OD
Sep 12, 2022
Washington MO
Does your tractor have the control stick and the hydraulic valves, and a hydraulic box to which the loader can plug? If so you're closer, and most Kubotas do. If it doesn't, then it's harder.

I bought an old BX and added a (brand new) loader. The loader cost more than the tractor did. When it came time to sell, the fact that the loader was 15 years newer than the tractor made no difference to resale - still an old tractor with a loader. So I lost money on that.

Tractors don't lose a lot of value, so changing your L to a similar L with a loader will cost less than adding a new loader to your L will cost. It will also be massively easier than waiting for a new loader to come into stock, or taking the risk of adding a loader to your machine (often people end up with one part missing, or one connection that doesn't fit, and you can easily spend a lot of $$ on odds and ends to get it all working).
It doesn't, just a bare model. It was actually purchased by my late father inlaw and has been doing finishing mowing duties when needed. So, whatever I put in to it I am basically starting from scratch money wise, which eases my pain... If it hadn't been his baby I would look at trading it for another model with the bucket. I started looking last night at similar models with the bucket as well..

Reactions: 1 users
Sep 3, 2022
America
My progression to (finally) a tractor with a front end loader is like everyone else who bought their first (or second in my case) tractor without a loader. My first priority from my '47 Ford 9n was to get 4wd. I was skidding logs and back blading snow off asphalt... I found an L2900DT in pristine condition for ~$8k, thinking I could find a loader for it somewhere! I did. Almost the cost of the machine $7,500 installed. After waiting a long 7 months, I found an excellent deal on a used tractor with a loader on CL, cancelled the order and bought the L4300DT with a loader.

I still wanted a loader for my pristine L2900 for summer work around the property since it is lighter, has turf tires and doesn't make a mess of my lawn. I priced out a couple of loaders from aftermarket (e.g. Woods - Westendorf ) and the costs were up over $11K just for the hardware.

I used one of the "search all craigslist" sites and found my loader attached to a tractor that needed a transmission! Got a really good deal on that loader/tractor, and will end up fixing and selling the machine w/o a loader, netting my loader and hopefully a little extra cash for the efforts.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I could not have said it better !!!!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Lots of learning curve information here, that you apparently are going to ignore.

• Sad

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Lots of learning curve information here, that you apparently are going to ignore.
If the tractor has sentimental value, then I get it.

As the poster above mentioned, finding a tractor with a loader on it that's fully operational is the way to go. Move that loader and all parts across to your father's old tractor. Sell the other tractor for parts (if it wasn't operational) or sell it without a loader. That's your most likely way to get a loader.

I personally would prefer an OEM loader. Putting a third party one on just isn't the same, particularly on a tractor with sentimental value. Getting a second hand OEM loader bare, and with the loader valve + stick, is quite unlikely. So that leaves a brand new loader or cannibalising a tractor with a loader.