Loader and Front-end Level (side-to-side) on BX23S

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
Got some loader time in on my new BX23s this weekend and noticed it kept digging in on the right side. After getting it in the garage I noticed the front-end loader is about 1” higher on the left side than on the right. Measuring at the frame (on the front) it’s off about 1/2”. At the back-end the fenders are the same height. Tire pressure in the front is 17psi on both sides.

Dealer said, to adjust the air in the rear tires to make up the difference. I’ve adjusted to 20psi in the right and 14psi in the left and it’s still off. Changing the pressure made little to no difference that I can tell.

Is this normal? Is adjusting the rear tire pressure really the answer here? I didn’t have this problem with my old BX1500.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
NO. both rear, or front, should have equal pressure. Sounds like the loader was not mounted properly ??? A few pictures would help. Does the bucket sit level (side to side) on the floor ?

Reactions: 1 user

The Plunk

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 16, 2021
Western PA
Sounds like your frame is bent. Same thing happened to mine. They blamed it on me and wouldn’t do anything. Tractor is basically brand new bought in fall of ‘21. $4,000 later I had to buy a new frame. Good luck.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
NO. both rear, or front, should have equal pressure. Sounds like the loader was not mounted properly ??? A few pictures would help. Does the bucket sit level (side to side) on the floor ?
The bucket does not sit level side to side. Neither does the frame (the bucket is attached). Not sure what pictures to take to show other than the front of the bucket about an inch higher on one side. Measured at the cutting edge.

lost power just now so no lights to photograph by at the moment anyhow.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
Sounds like your frame is bent. Same thing happened to mine. They blamed it on me and wouldn’t do anything. Tractor is basically brand new bought in fall of ‘21. $4,000 later I had to buy a new frame. Good luck.
That’s not encouraging.

The Plunk

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 16, 2021
Western PA
The bucket does not sit level side to side. Neither does the frame (the bucket is attached). Not sure what pictures to take to show other than the front of the bucket about an inch higher on one side. Measured at the cutting edge.

lost power just now so no lights to photograph by at the moment anyhow.
On a better note… what kind of genny you running?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
So this is likely showing my ignorance (not uncommon) but if a loader frame is bent, not severely but tweaked as sounds like may be the case here, is it not possible to have a body shop or frame shop that deals with medium duty trucks (or larger) tie it down on a frame machine, block the low side, and bend it back straight? Unless it’s also pushed back on one side, it’s just a straight down pull so not much to tying it down.

That wouldn’t be first option if dealer or insurance will take care of it but it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than $4K.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
On a better note… what kind of genny you running?
Honda eu2000i and a cheap HF 9kw

I really only run it when the power will be out more than a few hours. The Honda won't run my well pump (240V) so the cheap-o Harbor Freight is for the extended winter outages when I want water and heat.

Last night was a thunderstorm that took out the area around me and a few others.

...welcome to life in Maine.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
Not sure these show much but the floor is level but the bucket and frame are off.

unnamed.jpg

Dealer is picking it up today/tomorrow to take a look.

Suspect this is why I had to make very large adjustments to get the mower deck level as well (mid mount).

Last edited:

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Forget the level, just measure from the floor on each end. It doesn't look way off so try loosening all sub-frame mounting bolts and try to tweak it back to level, then re-tighten.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
So this is likely showing my ignorance (not uncommon) but if a loader frame is bent, not severely but tweaked as sounds like may be the case here, is it not possible to have a body shop or frame shop that deals with medium duty trucks (or larger) tie it down on a frame machine, block the low side, and bend it back straight? Unless it’s also pushed back on one side, it’s just a straight down pull so not much to tying it down.

That wouldn’t be first option if dealer or insurance will take care of it but it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than $4K.
I don't think it's the loader frame as the tractor frame itself seems to be off-level, it's just magnified at the end of the loader.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
Forget the level, just measure from the floor on each end. It doesn't look way off so try loosening all sub-frame mounting bolts and try to tweak it back to level, then re-tighten.
I did measure. At the cutting edge it's about 1" difference. At the front of the tractor (frame) it's about 5/8" difference.

Meaning -- the frame of the tractor at the front-end is not level from side-to-side.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
Honda eu2000i and a cheap HF 9kw

I really only run it when the power will be out more than a few hours. The Honda won't run my well pump (240V) so the cheap-o Harbor Freight is for the extended winter outages when I want water and heat.

Last night was a thunderstorm that took out the area around me and a few others.

...welcome to life in Maine.
We could use more electric vehicles on our well maintained grids?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I recall reading where someone had a similar issue, and it turned out the rear tires had a different diameter for some reason. Same manufacturer, same tire, but physically different.

Do not wright off this possibility without checking.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
We could use more electric vehicles on our well maintained grids?
The local power monopoly is, lets say not the best... Here's a headline from one of many over the years:

---
CMP dead last in U.S. in survey of business customers’ satisfaction

The J.D. Power survey sought opinions from 21,000 business customers of 87 utilities nationwide. It shows the Maine power company trailing even Pacific Gas and Electric, which has been linked to wildfires and filed for bankruptcy.

0xACE

Equipment
BX1500, BX23S
Jul 16, 2022
Maine
Got the tractor back from the dealer today and it’s better. Within 1/2”. Which I figure is within tolerance. I’m not *that* accurate with loader work anyhow.

When on float it sits flat. At least as flat as the ground.

They swapped the rear tires, left to right. That sounded about all they did. Or at least all they told me they did. Other than taking on and off the loader.

I figure if nothing else, I’m on record with the issue, in case something comes up later.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Yup. That was the dealers message to me. Adjust the tire pressure to compensate.
Sounds like you need a better dealer.
Set the air pressure in both rear tires the same, do not worry about the front tires as they play no part in making the tractor level side to side. Now, measure up from the floor to the top of the rim on each side. Both sides should be equal. If they are off more than about a 1/8", if they are much different, your tires are miss matched.

Measure from the floor up to the boom pivot pins on each side, they also should be within approx 1/8". If they are much different, measure up to the seat of the loader bracket. You should be able to determine where the fault lies.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
B4 you do as Wt suggest, be 100% SURE your concrete floor is LEVEL !!
The 'contractor' that did the floor in garage here, in 1981, must have had a couple extra 'brown pops'...
it's not level,has craters or wallows or dips here and there...