Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_1390.JPG

My lift arms would not lift high enough to operate some implements satisfactorily so....
IMG_1392.JPG

This little jewel got an attitude adjustment this morning.
IMG_1391.JPG

This is a huge difference and should eliminate my lifting problem.

Reactions: 1 user

mpmitch1

Equipment
l3240 with 514 loader, forks, bush hog, disc, boom pole, FEL
May 24, 2012
madison
Did you shorten or lengthen it? Is that all it took?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
dave is right

there is a speficiation to adjust the feedback rod to

the feedback rod is the turnbuckle in the one picture. It is attached to a valve under the 3ph cover. The valve shuts off the fluid flow once the 3ph rises to a set height, which is adjustable via the feedback rod

if the feedback rod is adjusted so that fluid flow is not shut off at full height bad things can happen.

On most of the standard L series and MX's, they specify I think about an inch of free travel. In other words you pull back the lift lever to it's up stop, at that point you should be able to manually lift the 3ph arms about an inch upward. If not you have to adjust the feedback rod accordingly.

Reactions: 3 users

mpmitch1

Equipment
l3240 with 514 loader, forks, bush hog, disc, boom pole, FEL
May 24, 2012
madison
dave is right

there is a speficiation to adjust the feedback rod to

the feedback rod is the turnbuckle in the one picture. It is attached to a valve under the 3ph cover. The valve shuts off the fluid flow once the 3ph rises to a set height, which is adjustable via the feedback rod

if the feedback rod is adjusted so that fluid flow is not shut off at full height bad things can happen.

On most of the standard L series and MX's, they specify I think about an inch of free travel. In other words you pull back the lift lever to it's up stop, at that point you should be able to manually lift the 3ph arms about an inch upward. If not you have to adjust the feedback rod accordingly.
If the valve doesn't shut off you can here it straining