Lesson: How to spoil a grandson 101.....BH77 practice at Grandpa's

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I can’t wait to do the same for my granddaughter. Got a few years as she’s just learning to scoop up Spaghettios!

IMG_0292.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
This is all fine and good ,,,UNTILL ,, he finds out about girls,, just sayin :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
Geez, that post takes me back.

My father had a construction business and when I was perhaps 9 or 10 years old he brought home a scizzors style manlift to reshingle the roof. I was the designated helper of course, fascinated by the controls. Saturday morning, Mom headed out to do the weekly grocery shopping and the last thing out of her mouth was "don't let him operate that machine by himself!".

The taillights were still visible as Dad said "Go down and get me a couple more bundles of shingles."

(Somewhat later in life, I learned that when Dad was 9 or 10 he lived by his wits on the streets of war torn Holland, the Nazis having taken the rest of his family as forced labour in Berlin. By his standards, he was coddling his children. We didn't have to eat boiled shoe leather and tulip bulbs.)
Your dad had it tough for sure. Just finished reading "The rise and fall of the third Reich", all six books by William Shirer. Seems there is another guy doing similar things over in Russia.
On a better note, I have three grand daughters graduating this year that I have had a great time with out here in the boonies. Brings a tear to my eye to see them off to college. bittersweet.
rr

tek9tim

Equipment
B2601, BH70
Oct 16, 2022
Winthrop, WA
I can’t wait to do the same for my granddaughter. Got a few years as she’s just learning to scoop up Spaghettios!
20230501_170805.jpg

My daughter's 18 months, been riding in the chest carrier with me on the tractor since she was 8 months (would've been sooner, but that's when we bought it). She's nowhere near being able to do anything productive with the backhoe, but she does at least fully understand that moving the levers moves the hoe.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users