Left Loader Pin Sliding Out

mculik5

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Sep 22, 2020
NJ
This is my second week with my new B2650 TLB. Quick question...

I noticed that the left-side loader pin keeps sliding out. It obviously never comes fully out because of the T-handle and retainer and (as far as I can tell) has no impact on the operation of the machine.

Is this normal? Any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Normal movement. When it don't move anymore, you know it's seized because you didn't grease it in a timely manner. Kubota recommends every 10 hours. I grease my loaders every time I use them (tractors as well). grease is cheap, replacing seized pins isn't and seized pins lower the useable capacity of the loader as well.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
It’s normal for some movement with the pins especially on the down hill side with bucket lowered

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Normal movement. When it don't move anymore, you know it's seized because you didn't grease it in a timely manner. Kubota recommends every 10 hours. I grease my loaders every time I use them (tractors as well). grease is cheap, replacing seized pins isn't and seized pins lower the useable capacity of the loader as well.
Unless I am mistaken, I think that the OP is talking about the pins that hold the loader arms to the tractor, not the pins that hold the bucket to the loader arms.

Mculik5, is this what you are asking about? If so, then it is normal for one side or the other to slide out a little. It will work itself to one side or the other in the course of using the loader.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Yes it is perfectly normal. Mine does the same thing.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
This is my second week with my new B2650 TLB. Quick question...

I noticed that the left-side loader pin keeps sliding out. It obviously never comes fully out because of the T-handle and retainer and (as far as I can tell) has no impact on the operation of the machine.

Is this normal? Any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks!
Mine is the same, it seems its to the extreme left, I was thinking a little duct tape on the inside of the retaining ring to stop the T handle moving out too far? lol OCD is kicking in

mculik5

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Sep 22, 2020
NJ
Thanks, everyone! Glad to hear it's normal. Getting to know all the quirks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I look at it this way... If they are moving, they aren't seized from lack of lubrication. Keep in mind that Kubota's have steel on steel on steel pivot points, unlike commercial machines that have pivot pins through bronze replaceable inserts, so, when the wallow out from lack of lubrication and things get sloppy, the only alternative is line boring the loader bushings, welding in sleeves and replacing the OEM pins. Much more expeditiuous to keep them greased every 10 hours (or less).

I just did a loader on a 2002 Kubota and it's not a job for a homeowner to do. Machining is straightforward, it's the complete disassembly of the loader that is tedious.

Keep it greased.