Led replacement headlight bulb

kayco53

Equipment
2500dt
Mar 22, 2020
langley bc
Anybody find a replacement led bulb for the weird headlight bulb on a l2500dt. Want to change to led so I don't
overwork the little alternator.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It might be easier to replace the socket that it goes it - that bulb is somewhat rare and rather $$$ to boot!
This is what your socket looks ?

I would replace with a harness that can be adapted to fit inside your housing - and use a "standard" LED bulb of your choice. Fitting the next harness to the housing might be an adventure but in the long run well worth it! Two LED bulbs will cost less that the two original ...ifn you could find them and ship them. And even a harness from a junk yard car can be made to fit with a little ingenuity - car bulbs are easy to get in LED format.;)

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It might be easier to replace the socket that it goes it - that bulb is somewhat rare and rather $$$ to boot!
This is what your socket looks ?

I would replace with a harness that can be adapted to fit inside your housing - and use a "standard" LED bulb of your choice. Fitting the next harness to the housing might be an adventure but in the long run well worth it! Two LED bulbs will cost less that the two original ...ifn you could find them and ship them. And even a harness from a junk yard car can be made to fit with a little ingenuity - car bulbs are easy to get in LED format.;)
Welcome back Hokie! Missed ya!:cool:

dmoore

Equipment
2006 B7800, RC72-BA 72" mid mount mower, RB 1672 72" rear blade
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
I'd like to replace my WEAK original headlight bulbs on my 2006 B7800 as well if I could find a better set.