Led lighting question

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Hmm.. based on the numbers ,there isn't just a resistor inside, rather, some 'chip' that monitors the incoming voltage and dynamically controls current to the LEDs to a maximum of 36 watts. The 'chip' while complex costs less than a buck to do this. The pretty cast aluminum case costs more !

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Jay... I don't much carte about the mechanics of them, so long as I can see....lol

carheir

Equipment
Kubota 2610SU HSD
Jan 11, 2021
NC
Thank you for your input.

I had thought about this as well, being these leds are rated from 9-30 volts. But, I assumed there were resistors built into the leds that would compensate for different input and not allow greater wattage. I assumed the actual leds received the same amount power between that range, and figured they had some sort of resistor. I tested them at various voltages, and noted the amperage change. I would see a 3 amp draw at 12 volts, but a 2.5 amp draw at 14 volts. This points me to thinking the lights are only 36 watts no matter what the input voltage is.

I was just a bit surprised at how much less consumption there is than I originally planned for. I will just be sure to get the lights and test them prior to purchasing wiring and fuse blocks in the future.
Are you talking about replacing the incandecent lamps in your headlights with LED's

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
Are you talking about replacing the incandecent lamps in your headlights with LED's
I replaced the factory cab work lights ( entire assembly) with a set of led pods. I wasn’t happy with the light output of the factory lights. I may at some point replace the bulbs in the headlight housing, but the amount of light that gets blocked buy the blower in the winter and the FEL in summer it is not a priority right now. I have now blown snow a few times at night and they are performing great.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I replaced the factory cab work lights ( entire assembly) with a set of led pods. I wasn’t happy with the light output of the factory lights. I may at some point replace the bulbs in the headlight housing, but the amount of light that gets blocked buy the blower in the winter and the FEL in summer it is not a priority right now. I have now blown snow a few times at night and they are performing great.
I can’t wait to try out my new lights!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I recently installed a pair of Beamtech H4's in the grille of the M5660. They don't seem any brighter but the color temperature matches the LED worklights that I recently installed.

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
Just a follow up with some night time pictures. The pictures do not do the actual light output justice. The fronts are the ones I was talking about with 35 watt consumption. The rears are basically the same style, only smaller 3" x 3" and only 12 watt consumption. The amount of light that gets projected to the side is incredible and I can see all around everything. Again, the pictures do not do the actual light justice. For reference, the fence is about 50 feet away and the lean to is about 130 feet away. The lights spot portion is pointed to about 40 feet in front of the tractor. The rears are about 20 feet away. With the snow, you can see how wide the pattern actually is.
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG

Reactions: 1 users