LED light bar install

Cstock5468

Equipment
L3560 with loader, BH92, LP post hole auger, LP box scraper, Front PTO snow blow
Apr 16, 2020
Plainfield, NH
Was frustrated that headlights did little when FEL was on and it was dark and that the work lights did not help much. Installed LED light bar on front and back and replaced the work lights with LED versions (whole lamp, not just bulbs). What a difference! I used easy to install light bar frames from Specialty Repairs in Canada and LED lights sourced on Amazon and Northern Tools. I was able to use the Rear defogger circuit (Defogger option not installed), that had a 40A relay and slow blow fuse already wired up. I obtained a Kubota light switch and was able to wire it up (had to take cab roof off for this). Added up the total amps needed based on LED watts at 12V and it looked like I could have added the light bars with separate circuit, but felt it safer to run these through thier own relay so not to put existing switches at risk of overheating due to added Light bar amperage draw. I drilled holes in top frame as needed for light bar wiring access and used rubber grommets for water seal of wires going in. It took a bit to figure out the wiring of the light switch with the existing Defogger wiring, as the wiring diagram seemed to have one error on wire color on it, but using a voltmeter, was able to figure it out. Tractor is Kubota L3560 HST. If anyone wants more information, feel free to post.

4FA27ADF-DB31-415C-92A1-203B0E9A6C9E.jpeg
12991308-2F6A-4A41-8586-04C26C1F62F3.jpeg
2F5EF4ED-B534-4180-AADB-8322C064F17C.jpeg
3227CDB1-08E3-4A3C-87AF-E74540828FE5.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Plenty o light now!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
You cant beat a light bar. They come in 6"inch to 6' foot in length to fit everything.
Very nice.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I’m glad I have one on my ROPS but it just makes me work longer on the tractor. Very handy though

Slicksar15

Equipment
L4060HSTC
May 2, 2021
Oklahoma
Was frustrated that headlights did little when FEL was on and it was dark and that the work lights did not help much. Installed LED light bar on front and back and replaced the work lights with LED versions (whole lamp, not just bulbs). What a difference! I used easy to install light bar frames from Specialty Repairs in Canada and LED lights sourced on Amazon and Northern Tools. I was able to use the Rear defogger circuit (Defogger option not installed), that had a 40A relay and slow blow fuse already wired up. I obtained a Kubota light switch and was able to wire it up (had to take cab roof off for this). Added up the total amps needed based on LED watts at 12V and it looked like I could have added the light bars with separate circuit, but felt it safer to run these through thier own relay so not to put existing switches at risk of overheating due to added Light bar amperage draw. I drilled holes in top frame as needed for light bar wiring access and used rubber grommets for water seal of wires going in. It took a bit to figure out the wiring of the light switch with the existing Defogger wiring, as the wiring diagram seemed to have one error on wire color on it, but using a voltmeter, was able to figure it out. Tractor is Kubota L3560 HST. If anyone wants more information, feel free to post.

View attachment 52236 View attachment 52237 View attachment 52238 View attachment 52239
How did you use the defogger circuit? Does the defogger switch have wire with it? I assume that’s the circuit and relay in the middle of the cab?

Attachments

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
I have installed quite a few lightbars, and that is a good job, and I'm fussy.

Reactions: 1 user