Leaky steering arm seal please help

modeladay

Equipment
Sold B7100 and purchased a B2150 with FEL
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
The needle bearing shouldn't need to come out. On every one I've seen, the oil seal (gasket ) is soft and gets rolled into the gland.
Like this ... tool is not needed ...

Dust leak should have a metal outer that has to be pried out like any other press fit seal. You'll be fine just note the way the original seals are in there.
Dave should have the WSM pages for you.
The dust cover seems to be really rotten , its just coming out in Pieces and Its almost as its glued in. ( metal ring was still in, my bad, I need to read better)The parts diagram shows the seal( gasket) being inserted from the plate cover side . But the needle bearing needs to come out to do that? At least that’s the way it appears??? Thanks for you help

Last edited:

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Is the oil seal hard wall or soft?

modeladay

Equipment
Sold B7100 and purchased a B2150 with FEL
Mar 25, 2016
Lincolnton, GA
I’m not sure I know the difference, however you can’t pinch it out of shape
The inner seal was soft I pinched in in the manner you described and it went right in. The so call dust cover was hard,
no way in hell could I get the new seal in. Well I’m an idiot, I didn’t realize the metal rim of the old seal was still there. (Yes you told me this, I just need to read better) Good thing I bought two, I peeled the metal race out and the new seal went in with a little persuasion. I hope I Oriented the seals in the right directions. Now to put this massive mess back together 😞
898E6E17-56A9-429D-8B6E-3A7AAEE7257A.jpeg

Last edited: