Leaky B211 Loader Cylinder

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
I was servicing hydraulic suction and pressure line with O rings and copper along with transmission screen inspection and cleaning if necessary. when I notice and recalled seepage from my FEL tilt cylinder. Everything was drained I thought it would be a good time to address this. Did a few calls to local area dealer and even not so local and kept hearing discontinued kit, so contacted Hydraulic shop and dropped off this morning all four because of it's seasoning I thought it best to have lift and tilt cylinders done all at once. I know some would say their not that hard to do but, their on shelf inventory and resources are larger then mine and it's wise to pick your can do projects.
looking forward to I'm sure an improved operation. Sharing

Reactions: 1 user

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I used to do my own, but there is a great machine shop here that does a full rebuild and test for around $75. I’ve never had a problem with any of their work. By the time I try to find a kit, buy the kit, pay for shipping and do the work, it’s a better deal to let the shop do it. And they do a full test whereas I have to install the cylinder and ensure I didn’t make a mistake.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I was servicing hydraulic suction and pressure line with O rings and copper along with transmission screen inspection and cleaning if necessary. when I notice and recalled seepage from my FEL tilt cylinder. Everything was drained I thought it would be a good time to address this. Did a few calls to local area dealer and even not so local and kept hearing discontinued kit, so contacted Hydraulic shop and dropped off this morning all four because of it's seasoning I thought it best to have lift and tilt cylinders done all at once. I know some would say their not that hard to do but, their on shelf inventory and resources are larger then mine and it's wise to pick your can do projects.
looking forward to I'm sure an improved operation. Sharing
Parts book shows standard o-rings and Chicago Rawhide seals - nothing special at all. Should be dirt cheap to rebuild.

Dan

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
yes I'm figuring that also, plus for their time.
I had the curl cylinders for my LA401 loader rebuilt last year by a hydraulic shop. Price was $100 each. They hone the cylinders and check straightness, etc. Parts diagram shows a fair number of O-rings/seals. I do not regret having them do it.

I do not have a proper place to rebuild them on my own, and now being older I would probably forget what I learned doing it myself anyway...

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
I had the curl cylinders for my LA401 loader rebuilt last year by a hydraulic shop. Price was $100 each. They hone the cylinders and check straightness, etc. Parts diagram shows a fair number of O-rings/seals. I do not regret having them do it.

I do not have a proper place to rebuild them on my own, and now being older I would probably forget what I learned doing it myself anyway...

Well my cylinders are taking a little longer to complete then expected. If Kubota had all the parts it would run 175.92 for all parts and we'll see what they'll charge me for labor. I was going to pull cylinders and just buy parts because their saying need 3 more days to fit into their schedule after part arrive. It seems their in house inventory was!! they ended up ordering all parts out of house. Breath, another pandemic bump.
I priced the parts that make up the repair kits and was informed that when parts runout will not replace.
Have you noticed that when your tractor (mechanical hand)is down the need list runs over?

BonnySlope

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Just sharing , again. Well looks like the final number will be $345 total and $90 of that is parts. which is reasonable, just have to wait till Friday morning but it'll be a first class and worth it.

BonnySlope

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Hello it's been a little while updating cylinder rebuilds, and then it's me for the delay in the install and assembly of the hydraulics. Had to replace a bolts used to replace pins nice little machining fab job I can handle. and I decided to replace some lines that were showing their age and then a couple I thought Kubota could of design a little better, I'm referring to the ridged lines with multiple adapters on the lifting cylinders it get an offset. Where a single line fitted supported does the job. To many connections with the possibility of failure IMO.
But anyway the service took care of the loaders operations I'd been missing or not experiencing.
Oh some information the back-up rings (8) and seal(7) were substituted for one "U" shape industrial seal with less tendency to roll and lessen it's affectedness.