Lead Time MX5400

BotaBob20

Equipment
2020 Kubota MX5400
Mar 22, 2021
Central WI
What are you guys seeing for normal wait times from order placement until tractor comes in, no backhoe or cab just straight up model is what i ordered? i tell you this waiting game is tough with weather getting nice, that dirt is just begging to be worked up!

Mach'er

Equipment
L3560HSTC-LE, Box Blade, Tiller, Grapple, Spreader, Periodic Stupidity
Apr 14, 2021
Michigan
I shopped until I found one close enough to what I was looking for on a lot. Every dealer I talked to gave the same, "we don't know and they won't tell us" answer to that type of question. The storyline was common enough between dealerships that I decided it was really the case. They don't know. And that's horrible for them in trying to run their businesses. Just as horrible (or maybe even more so) as it is for us on the other side of the purchase.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Not just tractors but also autos/trucks. The auto/truck situation is presently a lack of chips for the onboard computers. This could also be affecting some tractors. ??

I am in the portable sawmilling business and the lead time on some sawmill models is now 54 weeks. This bottleneck is being driven by the present insane lumber prices. The housing market is also insane.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I bought mine in January, so no wait time for me. I actually had the choice of several models at multiple dealers.

Wife encouraged doing it Jan since we thought supply would only be worse even though I couldn’t do a lot with it other than play a bit with snow. I’m reading that different models are available at different dealers, but you might have to travel.

swpflipper

Equipment
MX5400 HST, LA1065 FEL, HR2572 box blade - S30 flip Screen
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
I bought a MX5400 back in October and it took until mid December to get it. The tractor was in stock. The top n tilt and rear remotes were not. I took it incomplete and when the rest of the stuff came in in January they finished it.
Last month I ordered a second one. Same issues. Machine is in stock. Waiting on hydraulic upgrade. Lucky I ordered it for backup.
Super nice machine

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
I bought MX5400 in December off the lot. Had to wait until nearly March for the 3rd function valve. Fortunately, the great dealer (Six & Mango, Frisco, TX) came to the ranch to install it when it arrived. Now Im still 8 weeks from shipment of the grapple. Lots of waiting on these broken supply chains..