LB400 FEL cylinder leak..........

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Hmmmm......

Looks like I have myself a cylinder leak. Might as well rebuild all four of them. Placed an order with Messick's yesterday for all four seal kits. The lady I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helpful.

If the new seals hold up as long as the old ones (27 Years) I'll be long gone and won't care. Going to go ahead and pull all the cylinders, get them cleaned up and disassembled. Just another project to be done.

Cyl Leak1.jpg

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
You know the other one is 'probably' not far behind. Or at least that is what would happen to me....if I just did one. ;)
yep, that was about 3 months ago, only takes about 1 hr to do. loosen that gland nut while on the tractor. I heat some hyd oil to about 250 to soften the hard piston one and then put a hose clamp on it lightly to reconfom it to the piston. the rest was nothing for mine.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
yep, that was about 3 months ago, only takes about 1 hr to do. loosen that gland nut while on the tractor. I heat some hyd oil to about 250 to soften the hard piston one and then put a hose clamp on it lightly to reconfom it to the piston. the rest was nothing for mine.
^^^^^^

I saw that technique being used by someone on a youtube video. Certainly seems like good advice, I will try that. Thanks.