Landscaping Lesson 101:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Landscaping Lesson 101: When operating self propelled equipment and you trip over a root and fall. LET GO of the controls so you don't plow under a lawn. I've still got skid marks on my chest.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Landscaping Lesson 101: When operating self propelled equipment and you trip over a root and fall. LET GO of the controls so you don't plow under a lawn. I've still got skid marks on my chest.
OMG! First you had skid marks from a snake - now you have skid marks from being dragged :eek:

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was cutting grass with the Toro walkbehind I have. I was feeling energenic and went for a stroll. Well a stroll in 4th gear is like 5 or 6 mph. Needless to say I tripped over a tree root and I forgot if you let go of the controls the mower stops. So I held onto it in an effort to keep from hiting a house. I went face first in the dirt and was dragged for like 10 feet. I managed to kick it off to the right and now the lawn looks like it has a gian J on it. I really wish I had used to velke and rode the damn thing LOL

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I was cutting grass with the Toro walkbehind I have. I was feeling energenic and went for a stroll. Well a stroll in 4th gear is like 5 or 6 mph. Needless to say I tripped over a tree root and I forgot if you let go of the controls the mower stops. So I held onto it in an effort to keep from hiting a house. I went face first in the dirt and was dragged for like 10 feet. I managed to kick it off to the right and now the lawn looks like it has a gian J on it. I really wish I had used to velke and rode the damn thing LOL
The sad part is if you had video you could have won lots of $$$ on Americas Funny Videos :(

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
NO NO NO! I dont need a painful reminder of that little stunt.

You mean like this :D

I would do it for the money. I'd look stupid but I'd look stupid with $$$$ :D

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I had a walk ransomes mower. I bought it for next to nothing and it didn't take much to fix it up. But I pretty much paid my neighbor to take it away after the first time I ran it. He wanted something to cut around his summer trailer at the lake. He loves it, he says he cuts down small trees with it. One mans garbage huh?:eek: Dusty

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
I see you felt abit lower than a snake belly after that stunt Eric....
I can see you now in Las Vegas, "Stuntman Eric and his Tricked out Mower!!!!" (crowed clapping)
Remind Santa for a reel mower :)

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
Hey Will, whats going on in the second photo? Did someone actually get "mowed over"?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va

Judging by the fact they are at the bottom of a hill and the steering wheel is flat and the gang reels on the mower are trashed. I dare say it was a roll-over and dude got cruched

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Yeah, a DOA (Dead on Arrival)
Note: paint on tires and cloth where the dude is

Might I add no ROPS

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Im kinda stumped. You'd thin tke seat and the little strobe light on the back would be smashed

Lucky for the strobe light the guys head saved it :rolleyes:

At least they can part some of that stuff out on ebay.

By the way, that was a good catch noticing the slope and messed up mower things on the front.

Scott