Land Pride won't warranty SCG1060 on an MX6000

wshamp

Equipment
MX6000
Jan 23, 2022
Vermont
So on Land Pride's website there is an option for Kubota Match and for MX series the SCG 1060 is listed, however my local dealer says they will not warranty it because the tractor is too big. Anyone else dealt with this? (Yes, I know I should by an EA Grapple and if anyone wants to sell me one now instead of 8 months from now let me know)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: they will not warranty it because the tractor is too big.

Please get them to say WHAT they mean and WHY .
if it fits, it ain't too big, can't be a 'hydraulic reason' so WHAT do they mean ??

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So on Land Pride's website there is an option for Kubota Match and for MX series the SCG 1060 is listed, however my local dealer says they will not warranty it because the tractor is too big. Anyone else dealt with this? (Yes, I know I should by an EA Grapple and if anyone wants to sell me one now instead of 8 months from now let me know)

If you buy the Land Pride, rather than the EA, that YOU know you SHOULD buy.... just be cognizant of the old saying: "haste makes waste".

In my 81+ years on this earth, I have learned that patience is truly a virtue!

Reactions: 1 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I think you are missing the fine detail..... reading just the headline on an ad misses out on the breakdowns as headlines can't cover everything..

SCG 10's are matched for the MX when the MX model is the smaller model (under 55hp)

When over 55hp (like your MX6000 is) you are matched to the SCG 15 series.

Reactions: 3 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Either look at the 15 series Land Pride or one of the other options like Homestead or Virnig unless you wanna wait for an EA.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I think you are missing the fine detail..... reading just the headline on an ad misses out on the breakdowns as headlines can't cover everything..

SCG 10's are matched for the MX when the MX model is the smaller model (under 55hp)

Excellent observation!

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Buy the Land Pride grapple. Order the EA grapple. Use the Land Pride grapple until the EA grapple arrives. Sell the Land Pride grapple. Sadly, the way things are going, you will probably be able to sell the Land Pride grapple for more than what you paid for it.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Buy the Land Pride grapple. Order the EA grapple. Use the Land Pride grapple until the EA grapple arrives. Sell the Land Pride grapple. Sadly, the way things are going, you will probably be able to sell the Land Pride grapple for more than what you paid for it.
That's a reasonable approach for some, but with the pay up front policy that EA has it'd involve a fair amount of upfront money.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a Wicked 60, but with the M6060 being here shortly I wish I'd bought a Wicked 66 when they were cheaper. It's hard to find a 66" grapple as tough as the Wicked 66 that only weighs 660lb. Maybe @wshamp and I can work something out.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Land Pride makes good stuff, so does EA. I seriously doubt that the EA grapple is much better than Land Pride.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Land Pride makes good stuff, so does EA. I seriously doubt that the EA grapple is much better than Land Pride.
My buddy just bought a L3560 and has a Land Pride SGC0660 grapple on it. I tried it some, and I admit that I am not used to his machine. But, I think the EA is better designed. It is something about the bottom teeth compared to the EA grapple that I do not like. I am not sure if the EA bottom teeth are slightly more pronounced or have a different angle, but it is a bit different than my 55 Wicked grapple. I also don't think his grapple has the serrations on the teeth like the EA grapple has. Not a bad grapple, but I much preferred my EA grapple. Maybe just bias on my part.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
re: they will not warranty it because the tractor is too big.

Please get them to say WHAT they mean and WHY .
if it fits, it ain't too big, can't be a 'hydraulic reason' so WHAT do they mean ??
It's too light of a grapple for that tractor!
Any SSQA will fit on it but it doesn't mean it's sized for it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What I would like to know is who picked that grapple you or them?
If it was you that picked it, they should have pointed out that it wasn't sized for that tractor.
If it was them that picked it, they should honor a claim on it!

That is unless twisted and tweaked, and that's not a claimable thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What I would like to know is who picked that grapple you or them?
If it was you that picked it, they should have pointed out that it wasn't sized for that tractor.
If it was them that picked it, they should honor a claim on it!

That is unless twisted and tweaked, and that's not a claimable thing!
The OP has apparently not actually purchased the Land Pride grapple yet, .....and the dealer says don't do it!
Even though someone at Land Pride says it is OK, the end result might be... "who told you that"?
Then begins the finger pointing,..... and without a suitability statement in writing, you now own a twisted grapple.

wshamp

Equipment
MX6000
Jan 23, 2022
Vermont

It isn't an add. It is the Land Pride website and they are owned by Kubota I believe. They have a feature for Kubota Matched so if you select it, it will show you the attachments that are available for your series tractor. Also when you select any attachment on their website it shows on the top tool bar what tractor series it is matched for. So SCG 15 series says they are matched for M series not MX, and SGC 10s are matched with MX and L series. I understand what you are saying about the horse power, though I didn't see any fine details where it says that. Is it printed somewhere? My concern here is weight 15 series are almost 900 lbs and the lift capacity of the loader on the MX is only 2300. So I will be using up a significant percentage of my lift with the 15 series. (And none are available either)

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It isn't an add. It is the Land Pride website and they are owned by Kubota I believe. They have a feature for Kubota Matched so if you select it, it will show you the attachments that are available for your series tractor. Also when you select any attachment on their website it shows on the top tool bar what tractor series it is matched for. So SCG 15 series says they are matched for M series not MX, and SGC 10s are matched with MX and L series. I understand what you are saying about the horse power, though I didn't see any fine details where it says that. Is it printed somewhere? My concern here is weight 15 series are almost 900 lbs and the lift capacity of the loader on the MX is only 2300. So I will be using up a significant percentage of my lift with the 15 series. (And none are available either)
The competing EA version is likely a LOT lighter than 900 lbs.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

See below.

lp_sgc10.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So SCG 15 series says they are matched for M series not MX, and SGC 10s are matched with MX and L series. I understand what you are saying about the horse power, though I didn't see any fine details where it says that. Is it printed somewhere? My concern here is weight 15 series are almost 900 lbs and the lift capacity of the loader on the MX is only 2300. So I will be using up a significant percentage of my lift with the 15 series. (And none are available either)
I wouldn't buy an SGC15 for an M let alone an MX. The SGC10 grapples are comparable to the EA Wicked models, in terms of weight at least.

It's a bunch of BS that Kubota/Land Pride would warranty a damaged SCC10 on an MX5400 but wouldn't on an MX6000. That's what your dealer said but I would call Land Pride and/or Kubota to see what their policy is. I bet they don't know of any such delineation, and you could have them email you their position in the event that you need warranty work it could be useful.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've got a light duty grapple on a bobcat and I haven't twisted it on anything I'm doing.
And Bobcats put more side load on implements than tractors do.

Also the warranty for the grapples only covers fabrication and cylinder issues, so really any damage you would or could do wouldn't be covered by the warranty regardless.