Land pride vs King Cutter 3pt rake

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
I had a guy with a mulcher on a skidder make some trails at my property and want to clean them up. I am also going to be reclaiming some overgrown pasture and making food plots. I also have tilled food plots that I could do some weed management. So I am thinking of getting a rake to clean up. I already have a tiller and will not be able to till the trails or the pasture, too many rocks. The land pride rake I as quoted is 60" and $1150. The king kutter 72" rake is $699 at my local L&M. Is the added money for land pride worth it somehow? Thicker steel I would assume? Is there any reason I would not want to run a 72" rake on my LX2610? It will stick out but I can't imagine the tractor wouldn't pull it. Thanks for the help.
20220424_124535.jpg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I had a guy with a mulcher on a skidder make some trails at my property and want to clean them up. I am also going to be reclaiming some overgrown pasture and making food plots. I also have tilled food plots that I could do some weed management. So I am thinking of getting a rake to clean up. I already have a tiller and will not be able to till the trails or the pasture, too many rocks. The land pride rake I as quoted is 60" and $1150. The king kutter 72" rake is $699 at my local L&M. Is the added money for land pride worth it somehow? Thicker steel I would assume? Is there any reason I would not want to run a 72" rake on my LX2610? It will stick out but I can't imagine the tractor wouldn't pull it. Thanks for the help. View attachment 79034
Over time I have bought two different King Kutter attachments.
They were of decent quality.
That said: there is absolutely no question about the very high quality of Land Pride equipment!
Though I do not have any Land Pride attachments, I would personally opt for the Land Pride rake.

Reactions: 1 users

Fly5guy

Apr 14, 2022
Over time I have bought two different King Kutter attachments.
They were of decent quality.
That said: there is absolutely no question about the very high quality of Land Pride equipment!
Though I do not have any Land Pride attachments, I would personally opt for the Land Pride rake.
I guess what I'm struggling with is for the price of the land pride rake I can get the king rake and a speeco quick hitch. Its not really the price. More like the value. Is the land pride 400 bucks better. I mean. Its a rake. Obviously, I don't want something thats gonna break right away or have to buy tons of extra tines but as you said, king kutter seems to be fairly decent. Thanks for the response.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I guess what I'm struggling with is for the price of the land pride rake I can get the king rake and a speeco quick hitch. Its not really the price. More like the value. Is the land pride 400 bucks better. I mean. Its a rake. Obviously, I don't want something thats gonna break right away or have to buy tons of extra tines but as you said, king kutter seems to be fairly decent. Thanks for the response.
If you go the KK route, look the welds over real good. Someone on EA’s Facebook posted some pictures and the welds were far from acceptable. Little wire boogers everywhere.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If the mulch is thick you will want a Skeleton bucket to clear it and a hydraulic top link for your rake for final clean up.

From your photo I'd leave the mulch to compost in place

Reactions: 1 user