Land Pride TNT or buy components myself

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I don't know about the 2 or 2.5 cylinders, but I wish I had asked/found out about Dual Pilot Operated Check Valves before I bought them without.

I am currently trying to retro fit my factory ones and it is turning out to be a nightmare.
The pilot valves are not hard to find but you do need to make the hard lines and banjo's for the connection to the cylinder. The big thing to be mindful of it what thread the cylinder has. Overseas cylinders a lot of times have British straight pipe thread. That is a 55deg instead of the common 60Deg thread form.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
pilot valves go for $50 to $200, you need to KNOW flow and pressure of YOUR tractor's hydraulics as well as what the cylinder needs...
details , it's all in the 'details'....

grpercy

Equipment
L4701
Jun 16, 2023
Virginia
Hey Y'all, FYI on the top and tilt as per pricing. Received a recently purchased kit through a Kubota dealer for the Land Pride 3 valve kit (top/tilt and spool). Thought the cost was worth it being pre-engineered. Picked it up, got home, opened the box... Cylinders were nice, valve block was nice but not built for original position (mounts on rops not where the factory controls should be) but still nice. The kick in the back side is NO HOSES! They are "optional" "customer supplied", all 8. No brackets for the spool connections and no instructions for proper connection to the tractor. Imagine that. Another $400 to make this paperweight work. Not impressed. So ask when buying kits so you don't get surprised in the shed trying to install it.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Hey Y'all, FYI on the top and tilt as per pricing. Received a recently purchased kit through a Kubota dealer for the Land Pride 3 valve kit (top/tilt and spool). Thought the cost was worth it being pre-engineered. Picked it up, got home, opened the box... Cylinders were nice, valve block was nice but not built for original position (mounts on rops not where the factory controls should be) but still nice. The kick in the back side is NO HOSES! They are "optional" "customer supplied", all 8. No brackets for the spool connections and no instructions for proper connection to the tractor. Imagine that. Another $400 to make this paperweight work. Not impressed. So ask when buying kits so you don't get surprised in the shed trying to install it.
Unfortunately, no 3rd party rear remote kits that I am aware of get mounted in factory locations with factory-type levers, none.
As far as the hose requirements, there are so many variations that are possible that a lot of people would be very upset when half of the hoses that they had (if hoses were supplied) would not work. Thus no hoses supplied. I agree though, they sure should have let you know before you made the purchase that hoses were not supplied. Now there is a good chance that the dealer did not know this if it was the first kit of that kind that they sold. But then they should know either from experience or simply asking Land Pride themselves.
But to be honest, the person you made the purchase with most likely doesn't have any idea what is entailed for the installation and simply does not, or did not know to even ask.

If you could post pictures, that would be great.(y) It is my understanding that Kubota is still back-ordered on these and really has no idea when they will be available. This Land Pride option might actually be a viable option for some people with open station models and pictures are always good. :)

Reactions: 1 user

grpercy

Equipment
L4701
Jun 16, 2023
Virginia
Unfortunately, no 3rd party rear remote kits that I am aware of get mounted in factory locations with factory-type levers, none.
As far as the hose requirements, there are so many variations that are possible that a lot of people would be very upset when half of the hoses that they had (if hoses were supplied) would not work. Thus no hoses supplied. I agree though, they sure should have let you know before you made the purchase that hoses were not supplied. Now there is a good chance that the dealer did not know this if it was the first kit of that kind that they sold. But then they should know either from experience or simply asking Land Pride themselves.
But to be honest, the person you made the purchase with most likely doesn't have any idea what is entailed for the installation and simply does not, or did not know to even ask.

If you could post pictures, that would be great.(y) It is my understanding that Kubota is still back-ordered on these and really has no idea when they will be available. This Land Pride option might actually be a viable option for some people with open station models and pictures are always good. :)
Thanks for the feedback. Guessing if land Pride had anything usable to show what was included before ordering other than what it is supposed to fit would have been very helpful. Considering it was marked on the box for the model intended. Learning curve dually noted. Just very disappointed in when you ask for a complete kit to install, the dealership gives you the numbers and price, you pay a lot, then are left searching for the remainder of the material needed, kinda stinks. it's like going to a car dealership for a spare for the truck, pay and wait to find out you only get the rim. Just so others new to trying upgrades, buyer beware not to get shorted.

grpercy

Equipment
L4701
Jun 16, 2023
Virginia
Thanks for the feedback. Guessing if land Pride had anything usable to show what was included before ordering other than what it is supposed to fit would have been very helpful. Considering it was marked on the box for the model intended. Learning curve dually noted. Just very disappointed in when you ask for a complete kit to install, the dealership gives you the numbers and price, you pay a lot, then are left searching for the remainder of the material needed, kinda stinks. it's like going to a car dealership for a spare for the truck, pay and wait to find out you only get the rim. Just so others new to trying upgrades, buyer beware not to get shorted.
[/QUOTE]

Have some finishing to do, but here it is.
KIMG1126.JPG

KIMG1123.JPG
KIMG1118.JPG
KIMG1124.JPG