Land Pride TNT or buy components myself

TuckR

Equipment
L3302, BB1266 box blade, STB1072 Snoblade, SGC0660 grapple
Mar 6, 2023
Spokane
Hello all, my first post here after lurking for a while. I appreciate all the information.

I recently purchased an L3302, and want to get top and tilt for it. The Land Pride kit costs $1200 or so after tax, that's without spools just cylinders and hoses. That seems pretty pricey, so I'm tempted to just go buy myself two cylinders two hoses and some fittings and put it together myself.

It the land pride kit good quality, is it worth forking out a little more? They spec with 2.5" cylinders which if I went on my own I would probably get 2" cylinders because of availability. So what say you, go with the Land Pride kit or cobble this together myself? I already have rear remotes and valves.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
There are some here that sell the parts. I believe @MtnViewRanch is one of them. Toplinks are pretty easy to source, with or without check valves, if you use your existing toplink as a guide for the required travel. Side links are not quite as much of a commodity item. I suspect you can do better than $1200 considering you already have the remotes.

Reactions: 1 user

TuckR

Equipment
L3302, BB1266 box blade, STB1072 Snoblade, SGC0660 grapple
Mar 6, 2023
Spokane
There are some here that sell the parts. I believe @MtnViewRanch is one of them. Toplinks are pretty easy to source, with or without check valves, if you use your existing toplink as a guide for the required travel. Side links are not quite as much of a commodity item. I suspect you can do better than $1200 considering you already have the remotes.
Thank you. I think I'm going to order some of those FitRite cylinders! I'll probably get by with a cheaper top link and manually adjust the side link in the mean time, I believe he's about 30weeks out at the moment.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Lots of companies make top links. That's the easy one as good one with a check valve can be bought for $2-300. The side link is a bit harder for mine I ended up buying a plain cylinder and an extra side link ( didn't want to cut up my fixed link). I cut the ends of the cylinder off and the ends of the new side link of. Then used the side link on the tractor as the template for the angle to weld the ends from the link I cut up to the ends of the cylinder. Forget what everything cost but it was probably under $300 for the side link. I have a float detent valve for that remote so I did not put a check valve on that cylinder.
So if you like fabrication you can save a fair amount of coin....

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Depends what your time's worth and how much money you have. To me $1,200 isn't that much, you could maybe save $400-600 on that. But the factory one will be a lot tidier, perhaps stronger. And you'll spend a couple days making it and getting it right. If you like fabricating, then that's time well spent, and fun to boot. If it's a chore, then probably better paying the factory to make it for you.

Reactions: 2 users

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Just order everything you want from Fit Rite. Worth the wait and they’ll be nicer than OEM for less money…

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Chad... your 'better half ' must be really, really patient ! There's no way mine would accept a 30 week delay in getting projects done ! If you order the Fit rite unit today, you'd get it NEXT Christmas.

$1200 for 2 cylinders and 4 hoses does seem high... what's the specs for the 'side lift' (range,weight ?), pretty sure Google can find something.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Chad... your 'better half ' must be really, really patient ! There's no way mine would accept a 30 week delay in getting projects done ! If you order the Fit rite unit today, you'd get it NEXT Christmas.

$1200 for 2 cylinders and 4 hoses does seem high... what's the specs for the 'side lift' (range,weight ?), pretty sure Google can find something.
have you ever owned or used any product from FitRite?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
so B737 , how much of his products have you bought, when , how many hours of use, what loads are on them ,cycle times ?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
so B737 , how much of his products have you bought, when , how many hours of use, what loads are on them ,cycle times ?
Sure, I have ordered from him for 3 different tractors, and a full set up on 2 tractors (BX, B2601 and LX3310). Estimating, several hundred hours of use with his products hooked to any one of the 8 3-point attachments that I use in residential, commercial and agricultural applications on my property and that of others. Any other questions? I'll be happy to talk about FitRite and (to me) was certainly worth the wait and value.

You should enlighten us all to what you suggest is better, and what the magic wait time is that correlates to the right product. If you are impatient, cheap, do not expect quality and a perfect fit, by all means I'm sure you have all the right answers from your armchair.

LX

B2601

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: They spec with 2.5" cylinders which if I went on my own I would probably get 2" cylinders because of availability.

There's a huge difference in capability between 2.5 and 2" cylinders AND be sure to see the ram shaft diameter spec as it affects power in one direction. Perhaps the 2" cylinders are 'ok' for most applications( implements, but 2.5" would be 'OK' for all. The 2" might push fine but be marginal for pull. 2.5 over comes this. You need to know several things like weight of the implement and PSI rating of the hydraulics that will be used. Flow rate generally isn't a concern, as these cylinders are used for 'adjustment' , a 'set and forget' operation.

I didn't see any specs at the FitRite website, just a comment about 'made for....fill in the brand/make',so you cannot compare products with other manufacturers. It appears he makes a good product if people are willing to wait an entire farming season ! It's more of a 'want' than a 'need'. 30 weeks from now, snow will again be falling.

as for the 'magic' time question. Easy... As short a time as possible, so you can get back to work

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Brian at FitRite makes good stuff. But that said in my personal case there's 2 reasons I did not use his. 1). I have the tools as well as the talent and time to make my own. 2). I love to tinker. As to the top link I bought one from Spare parts Holland why. I couldn't buy a cylinder for the price I got the top link, lock blocks and hoses for. Only change I might make in the future is to add a lock block to the side link. The problem is that defeats the value of having a float valve. As my Mom used to say years ago you can get minute rice and have it easy or you can put work into it and cook the rice from scratch. The end result is the same it's the time and effort. If you love projects make your own. If you want to bolt it on and be done but either LandPride or FitRite's

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Sure, I have ordered from him for 3 different tractors, and a full set up on 2 tractors (BX, B2601 and LX3310). Estimating, several hundred hours of use with his products hooked to any one of the 8 3-point attachments that I use in residential, commercial and agricultural applications on my property and that of others. Any other questions? I'll be happy to talk about FitRite and (to me) was certainly worth the wait and value.

You should enlighten us all to what you suggest is better, and what the magic wait time is that correlates to the right product. If you are impatient, cheap, do not expect quality and a perfect fit, by all means I'm sure you have all the right answers from your armchair.

LX

B2601

To be totally clear and honest, your passive-aggressive tone is very abrasive, condescending, unwelcome, and unnecessary.

People have a different amount of comfort with wait times. Personally, I can deal with a 30-week lead. I would get everything else set up and temporarily install a basic top cylinder while I wait for the real deal. Sell it off cheap or keep it for a backup when the Fit Rite arrives. I'd live without side tilt for 7 months... Others, obviously, are not OK with that lead time. That's their choice, and shouldn't encourage you to hop on that high horse you're leading around.

Pipe down... We're all friends here, right?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
To be totally clear and honest, your passive-aggressive tone is very abrasive, condescending, unwelcome, and unnecessary.

People have a different amount of comfort with wait times. Personally, I can deal with a 30-week lead. I would get everything else set up and temporarily install a basic top cylinder while I wait for the real deal. Sell it off cheap or keep it for a backup when the Fit Rite arrives. I'd live without side tilt for 7 months... Others, obviously, are not OK with that lead time. That's their choice, and shouldn't encourage you to hop on that high horse you're leading around.

Pipe down... We're all friends here, right?
Calm down, it was directed at the member I quoted who seemed to disparage on a product he has zero experience with.

Last edited:
  • Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: the original posters comment of 2" vs 2.5" cylinders

you can use this site...
... to quickly see what the differences are...

2"bore, 3000#, 1.25 rod give push of 9425 and pull of 5743
2.5" bore push of 14726 and pull of 11045
so IF you have the room, going bigger gives a LOT more force (+-50%) but at a slightly slower speed.
You also may have to use larger diameter hoses.
Since this is for 'top and tilt', the slower speed is a 'plus', allowing better implement control.

These numbers should be the same for any cylinder made to these specs no matter who makes them or the 'style' of construction.

I stand by my 'sticker shock', a local supplier will make 3/8, 4000# 2 wire,36" long for $20 each. Nationwide chain sells 'top link' units for about $200. These are in Canadian dollars of course.

Options, always look for options...which is real easy using the Internet.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hello all, my first post here after lurking for a while. I appreciate all the information.

I recently purchased an L3302, and want to get top and tilt for it. The Land Pride kit costs $1200 or so after tax, that's without spools just cylinders and hoses. That seems pretty pricey, so I'm tempted to just go buy myself two cylinders two hoses and some fittings and put it together myself.

It the land pride kit good quality, is it worth forking out a little more? They spec with 2.5" cylinders which if I went on my own I would probably get 2" cylinders because of availability. So what say you, go with the Land Pride kit or cobble this together myself? I already have rear remotes and valves.
I don't know about the 2 or 2.5 cylinders, but I wish I had asked/found out about Dual Pilot Operated Check Valves before I bought them without.

I am currently trying to retro fit my factory ones and it is turning out to be a nightmare.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
It is not uncommon for Kubota valves to leak internally. I was glad Brian suggested and configured double check valve on his set-up. Unbox, attach, get to work.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have the Kubota valves on mine. One of the center returns does leak a little, the float detent doesn’t, not sure about the third as I rarely use it.

If you don’t want/need float, I agree with B737 the check valves would be strongly preferable. Only downside is you can’t float a check valved cylinder.

Reactions: 1 users