Land Pride SGC1060 Hydros pressurizing while of loader

Camera Man

Equipment
Kubota L5460, Kubota L2296Bucket,lde SGC1060 GRAPPLE, Landpride PFL2042 Forks,
Jun 27, 2020
Idaho
I have a Kubota l5460 with 3rd function on the loader from the dealer and a grapple all purchased at the same time (about 6 months ago. Every time I detach the grapple for any length of time and go back to reattach it the hydro are pressurised and I have to bleed them to reattach I have read the manual back to front 3 times and no solution. Any one else have this problem or a better solution than bleeding the lines?. And I have tried disconnection and reattatching within hours and it all works fine but after 2 days or more it has to be bled.
Any help is appreciated.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I have a similar issue and I normally just undo one of the hose connectors to let a little pressure out, it’s a quick 1 minute solution. Not sure if there is another solution

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Any heat that builds up in the detached equipment will create a lot of pressure in the hoses. Sitting outside in the sun is a common problem.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sounds like you need attach and remove under pressure disconnects. My Pioneer QD's attach and release under pressure. You loose a wee bit of fluid every time however. Keeps the tractors oiled on the back nicely.

Camera Man

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Idaho
Thank you for your suggestions ive done some additional research since and found that it may be possible to set the implement down shut the tractor off, toggle the Hydros to release pressure and excess oil and that may fix the issue. I've been trying that and letting it sit since the post. I will let you know the results, the weather here has been as low as 50 and as high as 90 since I dropped it.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Looks like grapple stands when dropped. I do all of the above and connect hoses together (have both couplers), this will allow cylinders to float and parking it under tree or roof helps

Reactions: 1 user

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Any remote hyd implement I get the load off the cyl, then cut the tractor off and work the controls to break the pressure. Grapple has proven to be more of an issue for me than expected so here is what I have learned.

I have an Everything Attachment grapple, there just not a great position to unhook it to allow easy rehooking and no pressure issue. But for me opening it wide open and setting it on the face down. That prevents the pressure being applied due to the lid applying weight sitting upright. It is very stable that way also. I do connect the two cyl hoses together as was pointed out helps. I have learned if one hose has pressure on it, normally can lift or push on the lid and it changes the pressure. But yes the sun can expand the hyd oil building pressure. If you have male ends on your hose you can just press them against a solid metal surface and for me that breaks the pressure.

Camera Man

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Idaho
Been slamming out work since the last post. I have swapped out the grapple multiple times now no further issues using the shut down method. Thanks for all the comments.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a Kubota l5460 with 3rd function on the loader from the dealer and a grapple all purchased at the same time (about 6 months ago. Every time I detach the grapple for any length of time and go back to reattach it the hydro are pressurised and I have to bleed them to reattach I have read the manual back to front 3 times and no solution. Any one else have this problem or a better solution than bleeding the lines?. And I have tried disconnection and reattatching within hours and it all works fine but after 2 days or more it has to be bled.
Any help is appreciated.
Shut engine off and relieve any pressure before disconnecting by operating valves in all positions.

Store dismounted implements inside or at least in shade.

SDT