Land pride landscape rake

Jhilde

Equipment
B2650
Apr 26, 2021
Saskatchewan
Today I picked up a new lr1672 landscape rake and the only way to spin it around 180 degrees is to cut a steel plate off and remove the parking stand. I don't mind cutting the plate off because it's only purpose is for reflective tape but the parking stand is kinda important. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have 1660, wish i got the 72... I don't flip it around as I have hydraulic actuation on it.
Cutting that tab off may help you now, but if you put gauge wheels on it, they bolt to that spot and will block it again. I've never needed it to go backwards. The gauge wheels put down a really nice finished product.

The parking stand on the rake is my biggest complaint, it's terrible, and its hidden. Ive forgotten to retract it several times because its out of sight. You could remove it, mount a stand on the side of the rake by using a tube or sliding stock that is raised and lowered, and locked with a pin.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 4.46.30 PM.png

Last edited:

Jhilde

Equipment
B2650
Apr 26, 2021
Saskatchewan
I have 1660, wish i got the 72... I don't flip it around as I have hydraulic actuation on it.
Cutting that tab off may help you now, but if you put gauge wheels on it, they bolt to that spot and will block it again. I've never needed it to go backwards. The gauge wheels put down a really nice finished product.

The parking stand on the rake is my biggest complaint, it's terrible. You could remove it, mount a stand on the side of the rake by using a tube or sliding stock that is raised and lowered, and locked with a pin.
Thanks for the info about the gauge wheels. I hadn't thought of that. I was raking up a bunch of roots and sticks into little piles then was going to spin it around to push the little piles into one big pile but I guess I'll use the loader for that. Other than this one problem it seems like a well built rake.

Reactions: 1 user