LA434 or LA435- Mistake?

JimmyJazz

Equipment
Steiner 425
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hello everyone, About a week ago I posted "B2601 in 80 minutes". Well when I was discussing the purchase the dealer said he would use an LA434 instead of the newer LA435 loader with the swift-tach. I didn't think much of it at the time however they are going to be assembling it possibly tomorrow and I was wondering if there should be price adjustment applied. I had read here that the swift-tach can be problematic so at the time I was alright with this. I have not signed any contract yet or placed a deposit. The notion was raised that the older model loader could diminish resale value,I point I hadn't considered. Any thoughts?

Gallows

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 17, 2020
Canada
The price should be less without the swift-tach. See what the dealer says. Personally, it seems like a lot of swift-tach owners have issues with leaking and I'm glad I didn't get it on my LX.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
So the leaky loader should cost more? 🤔 No experience with the swift tach except what Ive read here, I would be happy to pay more for the proven and reliable individual loader hose connection. And if its a known issue how does that help resale value any?

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, several 3pt attachments. Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Like I said somewhere else, be happy with the 434. Most people probably wouldn’t even know there was a different option for the loader anyway when you sell it years from now. All they’ll care is it has a loader. You can try and talk the dealer down a little, but I’d take the 434 any day.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
Steiner 425
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Like I said somewhere else, be happy with the 434. Most people probably wouldn’t even know there was a different option for the loader anyway when you sell it years from now. All they’ll care is it has a loader. You can try and talk the dealer down a little, but I’d take the 434 any day.
Thanks.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The swift tach has flat face couplers, which are more expensive. It's overall a more expensive piece of kit. Some people don't like it, others do. There's been an awful lot of them made, I find it hard to believe they're all leaking.

But to your question, should the older loader be cheaper - in short, yes.

Reactions: 1 user