LA344 / LA340 on BX2660 / BX2360

scboyd99

Equipment
BX
Jun 17, 2021
Bedford, NH USA
Hello all- I have to imagine this question has already been answered but I can not find it anywhere. I have a BX2660 but it did not come with a FEL (lesson learned). I cannot find a LA243/LA243a anywhere and Kubota has a 12 week lead time... maybe.

Is there a reason why I cannot mount a LA344 / LA340 onto this tractor. I know I will have to replace the quick connect hydro lines but other than that will it work?

Is there anything about the frame that would prevent it from mounting correctly? Is there anything different about the hydraulics that would prevent it from working?

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times. Thanks- Scott

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Scott,

Welcome to the forum,

I would imagine it is like everything else "post" covid - supply and demand, Kubota as well as the rest have only started to "gear" back up to full production - thus there will still be a lag when getting new machines.

With either of those FEL's you will need the subframe too and all the hydraulics too boot.

This will sound crazy - but IF you sold your machine (used prices are up!) and then went and bought a new machine at 0% - you would come out money ahead (might still be a lag time however!) Reason I say this - sell your machine, take money in hand - then finance NEW machine at 0% and allow the cash in hand to pay the monthly charge - the difference between you finding the FEL parts and getting them all on will cost in my opinion MORE than basically starting over again!

scboyd99

Equipment
BX
Jun 17, 2021
Bedford, NH USA
Scott,

Welcome to the forum,

I would imagine it is like everything else "post" covid - supply and demand, Kubota as well as the rest have only started to "gear" back up to full production - thus there will still be a lag when getting new machines.

With either of those FEL's you will need the subframe too and all the hydraulics too boot.

This will sound crazy - but IF you sold your machine (used prices are up!) and then went and bought a new machine at 0% - you would come out money ahead (might still be a lag time however!) Reason I say this - sell your machine, take money in hand - then finance NEW machine at 0% and allow the cash in hand to pay the monthly charge - the difference between you finding the FEL parts and getting them all on will cost in my opinion MORE than basically starting over again!
I am considering this an option. Who wants to start a FEL company with me. :)

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Scott,

Welcome to the forum,

This is pretty solid advice. Unless you get really lucky and find someone selling a full FEL setup that works for your machine, including all brackets and connections, you are likely to spend a lot getting something fixed up for your machine.

I'd run the numbers as Hokie suggests on selling your machine and buying new (or used) which includes the FEL.