LA272 on a B7400HSD

slvmart

Equipment
b7400
Oct 27, 2009
Three Oaks, MI, United States
I'll try to keep this short. And I hope this is in the correct location.
I'm having a problem with the "Power down" mode of my loader. When I move the lever to the "Up" position, which is actually bucket down, the loader almost instantly goes into the "float" mode. I've tried several things. The 1st was to swap the "yellow" hydraulic line that corresponds to the Down travel for the (forget color) line that actuates the lift or bucket up position at the hydraulic block on the control unit. The problem was now with the lifting of the bucket, in other words there was "power down" but no lift, as the lift was going into "float" mode. I reconnected everything back to where it should normally be, and everything worked fine. Eventually, however I was back to where I had started and there was no "power down". It was suggested to me that the quick connects sometimes are problematic. So I replaced the quick connects on the "yellow" line. Again, initially the problem seemed to be resolved but with time I again had no "power down".
Hydraulic fluid is at the correct level and as a matter of fact I just today replaced the both filters and therefore changed the fluid.

Any suggestions ? Thanks ahead of time !:confused: