LA1154 Loader Boom Cylinder Pin- Stuck

Texberliner

Jun 16, 2020
USA
I thought I would try the "simple" pin swap for the loader Boom that Kubota brags about. It came from the factory in the upper position for the 10% higher lift, but I wanted to swap it to the lower position (10% more lifting force). Followed the instructions, pulled the pin, tried to slide it in to the the lower hole without the boom (just to see if it would fit) but it was tight. So I greased it up, and tapped it in with a mallet. Now I cant get it back out, as there isn't a lot of room on the inside of the lift arm (engine side) to tap it back out.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a tool that would help remove it? Im thinking something like gear puller, but in reverse. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Can you take a crow bar with curled end (place something against subframe as to not mar surface) and apply pressure at the arrow - at the same time use a pair of vice grips and twist on the other end - small amount of wiggle back and forth should get that pin out.
Kubota pin.jpg

Texberliner

Jun 16, 2020
USA
This comes with a spreader. Can you pry against the black part in your photo?

Good suggestion, but the black surface is the exhaust system, and not sturdy enough to sustain much pressure against it. Thanks for responding..I appreciate the help.

Texberliner

Jun 16, 2020
USA
Can you take a crow bar with curled end (place something against subframe as to not mar surface) and apply pressure at the arrow - at the same time use a pair of vice grips and twist on the other end - small amount of wiggle back and forth should get that pin out. View attachment 48750
After walking away from it, I came up with a similar idea as yours, using a Chevy harmonic balancer removal bracket I had stashed in my tool box, along with some vice grips. It worked fairly well! Thanks for the response and suggestion!
Kubota 2.jpg