LA1154 "fast dump" feature

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Recently I've read a few threads that mention a "fast dump" feature on the LA1154 loader. There is an old thread from 2018 that resurfaced today that mentions this feature again. My loader valve has the float position for the boom that engages when you exert a significant amount of force forward on the joystick...I can feel it snap into a detent.

The posts seemed to mention that the dump position has a similar feature where you push the joystick to the right to dump, then push it further beyond a stop to dump fast. I went out and tried to find this position with the joystick (engine off) and see if my loader has it to no avail. I will say that with the engine running, if I push the loader joystick to the right all the way, it dumps scary fast but there is no definite detent feel at the extreme right.

My LA1154 loader is available with a hydraulic self-leveling valve but mine is not equipped with it. I have the Kubota Shockless Ride Accumulator though and it is in the "ON" position all the time.

I read the loader manual but didn't see anything about "fast dump" but I will check again.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Recently I've read a few threads that mention a "fast dump" feature on the LA1154 loader. There is an old thread from 2018 that resurfaced today that mentions this feature again. My loader valve has the float position for the boom that engages when you exert a significant amount of force forward on the joystick...I can feel it snap into a detent.

The posts seemed to mention that the dump position has a similar feature where you push the joystick to the right to dump, then push it further beyond a stop to dump fast. I went out and tried to find this position with the joystick (engine off) and see if my loader has it to no avail. I will say that with the engine running, if I push the loader joystick to the right all the way, it dumps scary fast but there is no definite detent feel at the extreme right.

My LA1154 loader is available with a hydraulic self-leveling valve but mine is not equipped with it. I have the Kubota Shockless Ride Accumulator though and it is in the "ON" position all the time.

I read the loader manual but didn't see anything about "fast dump" but I will check again.
General info:

As I recently discovered some Kubota loader valves have a 4th position on the bucket spool. On those valves there are two dump positions. The first dump position is "fast dump" (regen) and the second is normal operation. Other valves like my LA525 only have one dump position and it is always "fast dump". If you cant find a fourth position you likely don't have one and the dump is always "fast".

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I looked at the WSM for the LA1153 loader and its valve.

It seems to me the valve is always operating n the quick dump mode unlike smaller tractors with small pumps.

View attachment 73027

I have not studied this and my impression may be incorrect.

Dave
It seems pretty clear from the bucket spool cutaway that there is no fourth position.

Dan