L6060 vs Mx6000

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Looking at one or the other With cab. Had looked at them side by side at a dealer there things on both I do and dont like . Price quoted was $47,000 l6060 $40,000 mx6000 base options . Add ons for 3 rear remotes and 3rd function is the same . From what I read the l6060 has more 3pt lift and even more loader lift . Even though the mx6000 has a hair bigger loader . Is the l6060 really the better buy at $7000 more . Let's here thoughts . And some other pricing if yall got it on these models .

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Looking at one or the other With cab. Had looked at them side by side at a dealer there things on both I do and dont like . Price quoted was $47,000 l6060 $40,000 mx6000 base options . Add ons for 3 rear remotes and 3rd function is the same . From what I read the l6060 has more 3pt lift and even more loader lift . Even though the mx6000 has a hair bigger loader . Is the l6060 really the better buy at $7000 more . Let's here thoughts . And some other pricing if yall got it on these models .
MX6000 has larger frame size and larger front tires.

L6060 has many more features.

Same engine.

SDT

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
MX6000 has larger frame size and larger front tires.

L6060 has many more features.

Same engine.

SDT
Definitely no difference in frame size in person .looking at both tractors side by side . I had the dealer park them side by side . Frame - front axle and rear end does look all the same though.
And tires where a slightly bigger . But I will be buying with ag tires .
Engines are not the same from specs. The mx6000 is crammed under the hood no room. The l6060 has lots of room . I figure the l6060 can get engine heat out better.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Definitely no difference in frame size in person .looking at both tractors side by side . I had the dealer park them side by side . Frame - front axle and rear end does look all the same though.
Engines are not the same from specs. The mx6000 is crammed under the hood no room. The l6060 has lots of room . I figure the l6060 can get engine heat out better.
Frame size is largely determined by wheelbase. WB for L6060 is 74.4". WB for MX6000 is 74.6". Trivial but different.

Same engine. Obviously, the ECM firmware is different.

SDT

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
When the MX6000 info came out I thought right away trade the 5800 for one to get into a cab. Then I looked at the line up in detail and I really like the M4D071. Really nice unit, but a little worried about xtra weight for trailering, IDK. I'm considering it, alot more tractor and features, also alot more $. The qoute I got is an excellent trade. Any comments out there on the M4D??

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
When the MX6000 info came out I thought right away trade the 5800 for one to get into a cab. Then I looked at the line up in detail and I really like the M4D071. Really nice unit, but a little worried about xtra weight for trailering, IDK. I'm considering it, alot more tractor and features, also alot more $. The qoute I got is an excellent trade. Any comments out there on the M4D??
The M7040/7060 is one of Kubotas most popular models.

The M4 is the updated replacement for this series.

The down side, aside from increased cost, is final TIER IV and the associated ramifications. Of course, you have the same issues with the MX6000.

SDT

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The M7040/7060 is one of Kubotas moat popular models.

The M4 is the updated replacement for this series.

The down side, aside from increased cost, is final TIER IV and the associated ramifications. Of course, you have the same issues with the MX6000.

SDT
Which may or may not be an issue. Talking to the Kubota Midwest rep the other day, I came away with the distinct feeling that most of the issues concerning the post 4 engines and associated emissions hardware (for the most part) stem from owners not bothering to read their owners manuals and just running them and over riding the regen because it's not convenient at the time. Some of the issues have been component failure but for the most part again, it's NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS OUTLINED IN THE OWNERS MANUAL

I realize we live in a 'plug and play' society today. However, the Kubota Tier 4 final system is not plug and play. You do the plug and play routine, you'll wind up with issues every time.

I agree that Kubota made a mistake with the 'reformer' deal but the other issues with the DPF stem from not following directions.

It's a concept thing....lol

I still don't want them because of the down the road issues. When I buy a tractor, I put on hours and keep them a long time (2002 and 2004) units with 3500 and 2000 hours respectively. I want at least a 10,000 hour lifespan with only routine maintenance.

I have no desire to deal with cleaning or replacing the DPF element nor do I want the out of warranty (5 years on emissions components) issues that may arise plus I don't want the complexity either.

I don't want all the electronic fancy stuff that can break either. I want simple and reliable and plenty of pto power.

Like the poster on here a while ago that ate his engine up in his M5. he ate it up because he didn't follow the prescribed regimen of DPF regeneration and it plugged and he kept on running it and it ate the engine up. Oh well. Glad I don't have his repair bill.:eek:

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
I hope I don't have to regret this statement, but running the regen cycle has not been a big deal. I think once I had to let the machine sit by itself for a few minutes because I was done and still in regen. I don't get why you would override and/or ignore, its just not that big of a deal. A few times just went into regen itself cause I was already at PTO speed. So hoping always doing this no big problems in the future.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I got to sit in a MX6000 at the Farm Show. I think if I had the money, I would go with the L6060 just for the nicer transmission.

Although, I would be curious to see what you find out about the M4. My concern would be if I needed to trailer it, I haven't looked at the specs, I'm guessing it would be pushing the limit of our trailer and might be to wide.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Reviving an old thread as these machines are still current and I just happened to trade from a Grand L 60 cab into an MX cab. I thought about this long and hard. I've also previously owned an MX4800 open station.

There are definite differences in the "frame" or chassis of these tractors. The MX has larger front and rear axles. The front bevel gear swivel points are greasable on the MX, not so on the Grand L. The Grand L has a nicer 3 point hitch lift system, with dual exposed and greasable lift cylinders. The MX uses an internal lift cylinder and a rockshaft. The MX 3 point lifts less by 350lbs. Both use the premium sway control and telescopic hitch arms. The loaders are similar, but the L6060 loader (the LA1055) is the slight winner. It lifts 1.5" higher than the MX6000 loader (LA1065) and lifts 86lbs more. In other words, nearly identical loaders. With R4 tires selected, the rear tires are identical between the 2. However, the MX has a 2.4" wider track. The front R4 tires are considerably wider on the MX. With R1 tires selected, the MX has taller front and rear tires compared to the L6060. The MX is slightly (ever so) longer than the L6060. The MX is a quarter in taller. The MX hydraulic pump is slightly better than the L6060 - it is noticeably better in terms of power steering. The L6060 is 97lbs heavier than the MX. A big advantage of the L6060 is a larger fuel tank - 13.5 gallons vs 11.9 gallons on the MX...plus the low mounted side fill of the 60 series. As far as underhood engine space, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion the MX is jammed in. In fact, its the opposite. The MX has a longer hood and the air cleaner assembly sits ahead of the coolers above the battery, in the location where the coolest air is. On the Grand L, this assembly sits above the engine right ahead of the DPF in one of the hottest locations. Furthermore, the hood doesn't go up quite enough to easily slide the L6060 air filter out...you have to kind of push up on the hood. The MX has a slightly larger battery. The hydraulic filters and oil filter are easier to access on the MX. The radiator screen is nicer and easier to remove on the MX for cleaning. However, when it comes to features and amenities, its no contest. The cabs themselves are the same, although the MX loses the rear quarter window "pop out" feature. The HVAC and stereo are identical, switchgear is the same. The L60 has the excellent large LCD display with many functions, some useful, others not. The L has nicer turn signal and headlamp switches, and includes self-cancelling turn signals. While both have horns, the MX is a stand-alone button but the L60 has it built into the steering wheel. Both have tilt wheels, but the L60's wheel is somewhat nicer. The MX does have better protected amber high mount turn signal / hazard lollipop lamps at the rear. The L60 has a nicer seat if you are 200lbs or less. It certainly has more functions...reclining backrest, armrests, 15-degree swivel, nicer spring suspension, owner's manual holder in rear of seat...but in practice if you are 210+ lbs the seat will bottom out on virtually every bump. If you are 230+ lbs it just bottoms out when you sit in it. The MX seat can have armrests retrofitted inexpensively, and the seat will hold a Clydesdale without issues. Although the cab worklights front and rear are the same, the L60 has better main headlights and offers the semi-useful "side lights." Finally, the L60 has the awesome H-DS transmission and all the features it offers.

I went with the MX for a few reasons - its cheaper, slightly heavier duty, has awesome front tires, better power steering, is slightly wider, better seat for me, etc.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Reviving an old thread as these machines are still current and I just happened to trade from a Grand L 60 cab into an MX cab. I thought about this long and hard. I've also previously owned an MX4800 open station.

There are definite differences in the "frame" or chassis of these tractors. The MX has larger front and rear axles. The front bevel gear swivel points are greasable on the MX, not so on the Grand L. The Grand L has a nicer 3 point hitch lift system, with dual exposed and greasable lift cylinders. The MX uses an internal lift cylinder and a rockshaft. The MX 3 point lifts less by 350lbs. Both use the premium sway control and telescopic hitch arms. The loaders are similar, but the L6060 loader (the LA1055) is the slight winner. It lifts 1.5" higher than the MX6000 loader (LA1065) and lifts 86lbs more. In other words, nearly identical loaders. With R4 tires selected, the rear tires are identical between the 2. However, the MX has a 2.4" wider track. The front R4 tires are considerably wider on the MX. With R1 tires selected, the MX has taller front and rear tires compared to the L6060. The MX is slightly (ever so) longer than the L6060. The MX is a quarter in taller. The MX hydraulic pump is slightly better than the L6060 - it is noticeably better in terms of power steering. The L6060 is 97lbs heavier than the MX. A big advantage of the L6060 is a larger fuel tank - 13.5 gallons vs 11.9 gallons on the MX...plus the low mounted side fill of the 60 series. As far as underhood engine space, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion the MX is jammed in. In fact, its the opposite. The MX has a longer hood and the air cleaner assembly sits ahead of the coolers above the battery, in the location where the coolest air is. On the Grand L, this assembly sits above the engine right ahead of the DPF in one of the hottest locations. Furthermore, the hood doesn't go up quite enough to easily slide the L6060 air filter out...you have to kind of push up on the hood. The MX has a slightly larger battery. The hydraulic filters and oil filter are easier to access on the MX. The radiator screen is nicer and easier to remove on the MX for cleaning. However, when it comes to features and amenities, its no contest. The cabs themselves are the same, although the MX loses the rear quarter window "pop out" feature. The HVAC and stereo are identical, switchgear is the same. The L60 has the excellent large LCD display with many functions, some useful, others not. The L has nicer turn signal and headlamp switches, and includes self-cancelling turn signals. While both have horns, the MX is a stand-alone button but the L60 has it built into the steering wheel. Both have tilt wheels, but the L60's wheel is somewhat nicer. The MX does have better protected amber high mount turn signal / hazard lollipop lamps at the rear. The L60 has a nicer seat if you are 200lbs or less. It certainly has more functions...reclining backrest, armrests, 15-degree swivel, nicer spring suspension, owner's manual holder in rear of seat...but in practice if you are 210+ lbs the seat will bottom out on virtually every bump. If you are 230+ lbs it just bottoms out when you sit in it. The MX seat can have armrests retrofitted inexpensively, and the seat will hold a Clydesdale without issues. Although the cab worklights front and rear are the same, the L60 has better main headlights and offers the semi-useful "side lights." Finally, the L60 has the awesome H-DS transmission and all the features it offers.

I went with the MX for a few reasons - its cheaper, slightly heavier duty, has awesome front tires, better power steering, is slightly wider, better seat for me, etc.

That's a good synopsis of the differences between the MX and L6060 and far more meaningful than most since you have experience in an L60. I wonder if you'll feel the same way after more than a few hours in the MX.

I chose an MX in February of 2021 and another in July of 2021 for many of the reasons that you stated. I simply don't need or care about some of the nicer features in the L6060 since I've never experienced them so don't know what I'm missing. I haven't spent more than 2 minutes in an L6060 and have never operated one so it might be a case of ignorance is bliss. :LOL: What I do know after close to 170 hours behind the wheel of two MX tractors is that they're excellent tractors for what I use them for which is primarily moving snow, cutting grass, moving dirt, maintaining gravel driveways, moving logs and pulling trailers.

Reactions: 2 users