L6060 M9960 LED Lamps

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Looking for LED replacement lamps for the side headlamps for both L6060 and M9960. Not the headlamps but the lamps beside the headlamps. Headlamps are H4 and may be next if I can find Led replacements that do not interfere with obstacles under hoods and rubber boots on back of lamps.

Believe that both tractors use same halogen lamps.

Anyone know the halogen H number so that I can find replacement LED lamps for side lamps?

SDT

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I'm not close to my L60, but this bulb was posted earlier by another user for a led replacement kubota off amazon. Apparently some of the stock bulbs were not marked by standard automotive numbers. I am always cautious about led drop ins, I saw many melted housings working in the body shop.
lamp.PNG

lamp 2.PNG

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I'm not close to my L60, but this bulb was posted earlier by another user for a led replacement kubota off amazon. Apparently some of the stock bulbs were not marked by standard automotive numbers. I am always cautious about led drop ins, I saw many melted housings working in the body shop.
View attachment 73836
View attachment 73838
Heat is a good point that I had not considered.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Have you considered the led factory upper flood lights for the m4 cab model. I think the whole good kit is pretty reasonable. If you are running a cab, otherwise disregard... I find the top lights more useful, since the loader is always in the way.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Have you considered the led factory upper flood lights for the m4 cab model. I think the whole good kit is pretty reasonable. If you are running a cab, otherwise disregard... I find the top lights more useful, since the loader is always in the way.
No.

I have only ROPS tractors. Too many trees.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
If you are going from anything but an led light to an led light I wouldn't think heat would be any issue. Leds consume a lot less power for the same light output than incandescent or halogen bulbs.
I used these for replacements on my tractor over a year ago. Brighter and have had 0 failures.
LEDS

and 2 pin version I also used 2 PIN

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
If you are going from anything but an led light to an led light I wouldn't think heat would be any issue. Leds consume a lot less power for the same light output than incandescent or halogen bulbs.
I used these for replacements on my tractor over a year ago. Brighter and have had 0 failures.
LEDS
I understand the electrical function, but you need to consider that many do not have the same distance to housing. Many do not operate as a flood of light, and instead concentrate the beam through a optic. Some led replacements have heatsink blocks, and ribbons.
I say just be cognicant, because kubota headlights aren't cheap.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I understand the electrical function, but you need to consider that many do not have the same distance to housing. Many do not operate as a flood of light, and instead concentrate the beam through a optic. Some led replacements have heatsink blocks, and ribbons.
I say just be cognicant, because kubota headlights aren't cheap.
Good point kubotafreak!
The op was referring to the small bulbs I believe. I did change my headlights also to leds (what a pia doing that work under the hood after a cervical fusion).
dropins HEADLIGHTS

I have had no issue with these either but as you say one should check out how these type of bulbs dissipate the heat.

Reactions: 1 user

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I installed these a year ago when I purchased my tractor. Every bulb including worklights are L.E.D. When doing headlights and side headlights. Remove the entire light housing from tractor (I think it is three bolts per housing). On the bulbs for side headlights bend the wire contact out a little to get a tighter fit in bulb socket.
Headlight
Side head lights, Turn signals, Brake lights.

Sorry I supplied the wrong headlamp info. I changed all bulbs on my L4760 and RTV at the same time and put the RTV headlight LED info in the link. The headlight info is now correct for the tractor .

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I installed these a year ago when I purchased my tractor. Every bulb including worklights are L.E.D. When doing headlights and side headlights. Remove the entire light housing from tractor (I think it is three bolts per housing). On the bulbs for side headlights bend the wire contact out a little to get a tighter fit in bulb socket.
Headlight
Side head lights, Turn signals, Brake lights.
Thank you.

Are the LED headlamps (not side headlamps) replacements for halogen H4?